- 14Upvotes of all answers to this questionFavourite answer:
There is no simple answer to your question, but the first place to start is by studying American History. You cannot ignore the issue of slavery as it has played a significant role in the shaping of the country and its attitudes. Pay special attention to the division of powers between the federal and state governments. Then have a look at the US Constitution. In the late 50's and early 60's people had marches for civil rights and I do remember seeing in states like Alabama the police siccing dogs on the marchers. African Americans needed to have police escorts to go to "whites only" high schools. In fact RFK and LBJ used federal civil rights to make sure that the African Americans could attend the schools.
As for the riots you see on TV do keep in mind that you are looking at what is happening in just a few city blocks. Most of the people who live in cities like Los Angeles or Portland, Oregon go about their daily business and are not directly impacted by the rioting. You also have to keep in mind that there is a difference between rioting and protesting and the people who live in the aforementioned cities say that the rioters are not locals.
With the current climate in the US as a Canadian I certainly wouldn't want to visit the US.15 AnswersLaw Enforcement & Police2 days ago
- 0Upvotes of all answers to this question
Mine are "July Morning", "Easy Livin'" and "Gypsy".
May he rest in peace.6 AnswersRock and Pop1 day ago
- 10Upvotes of all answers to this question
I can do what I want. I can ignore executive orders as they aren’t law. There are ways around the ban. I’ve already downloaded it and use it.6 AnswersPolitics10 hours ago
- 13Upvotes of all answers to this question
even though he was born in Canada12 AnswersPolitics22 hours ago
- 14Upvotes of all answers to this question
The capitalists have traditionally not done well against the communists. Australia's involvement in Vietnam was a horror show and resulted in a catastrophic loss. North Korea, with only the help of China and the Soviet Union, effectively held off the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Turkey, Australia, The Philippines, New Zealand, Thailand, Ethiopia, Greece, France, Colombia, Belgium, South Africa, The Netherlands and Luxembourg. That's kind of embarrassing, especially considering they had support from Denmark, Italy, West Germany, India, Israel, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, Japan, Pakistan, Cuba, El Salvador and Spain.
If the communists go after Australia, we might not be able to stop them.10 AnswersGeneral - Australia3 days ago
- 16Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 577Upvotes of all answers to this question
Donald Trump calls “Ruth Bader Ginsburg an “amazing woman“ upon her passing. Are we sure Trump is conservative ?
Ruth Bader Ginsburg was one of the most liberal justices in Supreme Court history.139 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 16Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 403Upvotes of all answers to this question
Can we agree with Joe Biden, "If Trump 'had done his job from the beginning, all the people who died of COVID-19 would still be alive".?
The coronavirus supposed to have surfaced in November and became an epidemic in December. China, Japan and South Korea were among the earliest to act.87 AnswersOther - Politics & Government22 hours ago
- 108Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 17Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 48Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 174Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 26Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 167Upvotes of all answers to this questionFavourite answer:
Easy: After the DEMOCRAT President LBJ signed The Civil Rights and Voters Rights Act into law, all the Southern racists went full Gross Old Perverts and still are.
The KKK endorsed Fat Donnie and still does.
Do your history books not go past 1960 ? Moron.46 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 31Upvotes of all answers to this question
iS THIS WHY tRUMP WILL DO ANOTHER 2016 LANDSLIDE.29 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 33Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 19Upvotes of all answers to this question
- 578Upvotes of all answers to this questionFavourite answer:
The old Democrat Party is gone. They are now for the rich and elite, i.e. consider Nancy Pelosi.
Poor white families want the American Dream for their children and President Trump is trying to preserve it.102 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 21Upvotes of all answers to this question