I'm not asking for a "how to win" guide, I already have a good strategy I like to use. I am curious about other peoples strategies for the game, because Id like to try out some others and see how well they work.
For those of you who are curious, here is my strategy.
- Take North America
- Take South America
- Push through Europe and Africa at the same time and take the Middle East, only taking one continent would leave you with more borders than if you take both
- Push through the rest of Asia and take Australia
- Take one territory per turn to collect risk cards, even if you don't keep that territory
- Take a territory occasionally to break a players hold over a continent, this takes away the additional troops for that round and can help prevent a superpower from building
- Prevent superpowers (if one player is building up a lot of units, attack them to lower the number of units they have. If they hold a continent, try to break that hold so they get fewer units).
- Try to remain neutral, take territory to get cards but let the other players fight each other.
- If one player is getting weaker, don't attack immediately. Let the others weaken them, then go in for the kill. Side note: keep in mind how many units they have, how many your attacking with, and how many cards they have. For example, eliminating a player with no cards is not really worth it because you gain nothing and lose units. Nor is fighting a lot of units for one card.