So there’s this guy I like. I’m a junior, he’s a sophomore. I don’t know what to do.
On the one hand:
- I don’t know him super well. There are several girls whom he is better friends with than he is with me.
- I’m kind of friends with his friends, but I don’t know them super well either.
- I’m really shy and can be awkward
- He’s single, but most of his female friends are prettier than me.
- I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have feelings for me.
- He’s already going to prom with another girl as friends
- I feel like if I get rejected, it’s going to make things awkward. As I see him and his friends a lot, this could be pretty bad. I’d much rather the slight friendship that I have now than avoidance and hostility.
On the other hand:
- I REALLY like him, more than I ever have of anyone else. I have several drawings of him. I check his Instagram profile more than anyone else’s and I screenshot every picture of him. I think about him all the time and write in my journal about him daily.
- Most of my friends have boyfriends, and I’m a bit jealous. I’ve never had one, and at 17 I feel as though I want one.
- Even if we don’t actually date, just having him as a closer friend would be nice.
- After I graduate, I may never see him again. If we date, then I obviously will.
- If he says yes, then I will be beyond happy.
Map basically, if he says yes, I’ll be happier than I’ve ever felt. If he says no and things get awkward, it’ll be the biggest disappointment of my life. What do I do?