Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

anyone know how to make the Aqua Velva drink mentioned in the new movie, "Zodiac"?

Cocktail: Aqua Velva

It looks like Aqua Velva and is just as strong! Its minty fresh and definitely NOT a morning beverage. This cocktail is best served on the rocks.

Be sure when making an infusion with any liquor that you try to find the freshest, pesticide-free ingredients to ensure a delicious flavor in your beverage.

You'll need:

A spring of fresh organic mint

2 cups high quality vodka

1/4 oz of Blue Curacao

Place enough mint in the bottom of a mortar and pestle and grind with a tablespoon of vodka until it's a green pulp. Put the mint paste into a mason jar with vodka and refrigerate overnight, or over several days until the vodka is a greenish color. The longer yoou keep the mint in, the stronger the mint flavor will be. Filter out the leaves with a cheesecloth or tea strainer and keep the vodka refrigerated.

Serve several ounces of the green vodka with a splash of Blue Curacao over ice. Add soda water if desired. garnish with a nice sprig of fersh mint or an orange slice to compliment to Blue Curacao.

• kokal

Aqua Velva Drink

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayeo4

my aunt had a doll when she was little that she named "butt face". She also had another doll which was a boy, which she named "crazy bob". She is now 30 years old, has a 3 1/2 year old son, another one on the way, and is one of the best mom's I have ever seen. And her children have normal names. You can't judge a child. Children do wacky crazy things all the time. Unless it is something really bad, I dont think it would show how she is going to grow up Also, Aqua Velva, is the name of a men's after shave... Is it possible that she could have seen this in her daddy's bathroom and chose to name her doll that, since aqua means water and it is a mermaid?

Hmm. When I was watching this it felt to me like it was an AMF! He said it was ridiculously strong and they got pretty tanked on them, and after a few AMFs that's definitely how you'll feel!...never heard of an Aqua Velva before, but for the record, here's how to make an AMF!

Ingredients:

* 1/2 oz Vodka

* 1/2 oz Rum

* 1/2 oz Tequila

* 1/2 oz Gin

* 1/2 oz Blue Curacao

* 2 oz Sour mix

* 2 oz 7-Up or Sprite

Mixing instructions:

Pour all ingredients except the 7-Up into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes. Top with Sprite or 7-up and stir gently.

Aqua Velva

Ingredients

3/4 oz. Vodka

1/4 oz. Sprite

3/4 oz. Gin

1/2 oz Bols Blue

1/2 oz. Sprite

Method

Shake all ingredients except the 1/2 ounce Sprite with ice. Strain into a glass with ice and top with the 1/2 ounce Sprite. Drop a GLOW STICK in to light it up!

I was thinking the same thing man - I almost wanna say that the name was made up for the movie, because I've only seen two recipes, and they're the ones posted here. I don't know this for sure, just a guess.

If you're a fan of blue drinks try a "Blue Hawaii", link below. I haven't tried it myself cause I can't justify buying a bottle of blue curacao, even though it is pretty cheap, and I always forget to order one at the bar. I usually get scotch or something instead of an irridescent blue blender drink.

Anyhoo - I betcha this drink would be pretty good.

Great movie.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): aqua velva drink mentioned movie quot zodiac quot: https://shortly.im/78a2n

I am sorry I don't know...went looking for one myself at a bar! hahah they had no idea what I wanted...even looking in a bartender's book I have here... great movie huh???