Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Which section (Fiction or non - fiction) does the Bible go under?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What a loaded question...

Religion.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

As others have said, religion/philosophy. Religion (or theology) is a social science, classified under nonfiction, and the Bible is a primary source for social science, just like any other philosophy book. So too are the Koran, the Talmud, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Sutras, the Upanishads, the Jain Agamas, and any other religious book you'd care to name. If you were looking for it in a bookstore that divides by fiction/nonfiction, you'd go to the nonfiction section, because it is a philosophical text.

• Kelly
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Gah, all these answers are terrible! Religion doesn't stand next to fiction and nonfiction. Fiction and nonfiction are the most general literary terms you'll find, ever. Everything else falls *under* fiction and nonfiction. Religion/philosophy falls *under* fiction and nonfiction. Depending on who you ask, the Bible could be either. If you ask me, I'd call it fiction. If you ask my parents, they'd call it nonfiction. There is no one answer. It's really the exact same thing as asking, "Does God exist?" Everyone has their own answer.

But it's *really* important that people realize that religion does *not* stand next to fiction and nonfiction. It falls under both. When you go into a library, you will find a shelf of Bibles in *both* the fiction and nonfiction sides of the library.

Edit: Ugh, I hate it when people give me thumbs down because they have their facts wrong.

• 9 years ago

In the library, a Bible is in the non-fiction section. It is filed in the 200's which is the religion section (where you would find most currently practiced religions). Christianity is in the 220's. If you are in a bookstore it is in the Religion/Philosophy section, so it doesn't matter.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Fiction.

• 9 years ago

It goes under religion, along with the Koran, the Torah and a dozen other books of that nature.

• Are you trying to start a war?

It goes in the religion section. Right next to the reference books.

• 9 years ago

It goes in the religion section, that way wherever it would be placed would not offend people of that religion or another

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Neither - it goes in the Religion section.

• 9 years ago

A bit of both

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.