B&A Fun Poll 2: You're In A Bookstore...(+Updates on NOW and WC)?
Pick what you would pick if you saw these in a book store, if you have more than one answer, pick from best to worst and BA will go to elaboration =)
- Death's Heart
- A Single Man
- Perched Outside in the Pouring Rain
- The Third Eye
- A Story to Tell
- Month of May
2) Opening line(s)
- It was a little black box
- "You can't."
"But, oh, I already did."
- My finger trailed over the picture
- The spaceship landed, only not where we had planned.
- "Goodbye." And then she was gone.
3) The closing line:
- She smiled. "Remember me?"
- "We come in peace."
- She didn't scream. In fact, she didn't make any noise at all.
- I opened the envelope, taking out a note. 'Harlows Park. Sunday at 1 pm. I want to see you. Be there. Grace.'
BQ: How many of you got ideas for a story whilst reading above? Be honest! (You know what? These are great starting points for WC...hm!)
Very briefly, NOW (Night of Write) is a great, motivational night where writers plan a date to stay up at night to complete their individual goals. WC (Writers Challenge) is just a free, fun competition for writers to express their talent, and get the chance to become a better writer. Founder of NOW, Amber, and WC, Just Like That (myself, if you haven't noticed) have decided to join together to make a website together, if you'd like take a look I'll post the link in the additional details
It's not only host of the two challenges found on B&A, but there is much more going on - Writers Gallery, Tips, Surveys, Forum, Writing Exercises...!
Let me know your thoughts
@MissFit: Haha! Feel free to use ;) That goes for everyone really, glad I could prompt ideas XD
Thanks to Jen and Kathryn too XD