What Does "Throw Another Shrimp on the Barbie" REALLY Mean?!?

So I am American and I am traveling to Australia in about a month and I was just curious, because I've heard this saying be defined as grilling / putting shrimp on the barbecue, I get that, but why is it so taboo to say the exact phrase "throw another shrimp on the barbie" in Australia? What meaning... show more So I am American and I am traveling to Australia in about a month and I was just curious, because I've heard this saying be defined as grilling / putting shrimp on the barbecue, I get that, but why is it so taboo to say the exact phrase "throw another shrimp on the barbie" in Australia? What meaning does this actually have over there? Is it something homosexual or what?? I cannot find any internet sources on this, only people saying to NEVER ever say this phrase in Australia, so why not?