Becoming vegetarian-is it good or bad for your health??

I'm going to become a vegetarian.any advice?? is it good for health not eating meat and diary products?? any starting tips please.

I don't think it's the best diet but I guess it's better than only eating meat. Eat a variety. Don't just eat vegetables, eat some grains.

I've been a vegetarian for 4 years now and I've never felt better! It is only the marketing companies that tell us we "need" meat. Basically, if you do it right you can get all of the nutrients, vitamins & minerals that your body needs! It takes up to 7 years for red meat to fully digest in your body and all animal meat contains bad cholesterol. You should get a book on becoming a vegetarian so you don't make the mistake that most people do by just eating carbs & dairy. You will feel much better! Since you are on the right track, you should also make your diet natural & organic to make your body really healthy! Good Luck!

Go to www.drday.com. Being a vegetarian can be very good for your health, and contrary to what is popularly believed there are some very tasty and fun food choices for vegetarians. There are many good restaurants that cater to vegetarians these days. However, they are usually specialty restaurants and not big chains. Take a look in your yellow pages or smartpages.com for some in your area. I think you'll be suprised when you see whats out there.

I myself wouldn't totally give up meat. But a vegetarian diet is worlds better than the diet of death consumed by most Americans!

Some good natural grocers are Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

If you eat a good healthy diet, it is good for you to eat a vegetarian diet. If your diet is hamburgers and french fries and pop, leaving the hamburger out of your diet won't do much for you. You should be eating lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and nuts anyway but most people don't. Try adding more of these and leaving off the meat more frequently. The time will soon come when you will prefer the variety that a vegetarian diet provides.

I became a vegetarian when i was 15 i am almost 20 now. When i told my parents that i no longer wanted to eat meat they told me that i had to first read books and articles to gain some knowlege of how to mantain a healthy diet and was good and bad for me. If you go to your local library you can find a slew of great books. also ask people that you may know that are vegetarians. a dietition is a great person to ask too. I personally am ok with my desicion, I have more energy and i am helpping not only myself but the planet as well

in no way, except you reside off cookies, cake, and french fries. in simple terms be careful to exhibit screen your foodstuff, as continually. do no longer consume too plenty fat, yet do no longer get rid of it thoroughly. consume a great number of fiber, protein, and iron wealthy ingredients on spectacular of complicated carbohydrates, like brown rice or entire wheat spaghetti. Meat isn't needed to get each and every of the foodstuff you choose. right this is an occasion of a stable vegetarian meal: -entire wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce with mushrooms and cheese -steamed broccoli -glass of orange juice -for dessert- bowl of sparkling fruit and a few yogurt Kudos for going the vegetarian way. this is not basically stable for the animals and ecosystem yet a very healthful selection too. i've got been vegetarian in view that i substitute into born- no problems.

• Jay

Genesis 9:3

(God, talking to Noah and his sons) "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and just as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

Seems like eating meat and the flesh of animals is not only allowed, but it is a gift from God Almighty!

people in some countries live their whole life as vegetarians and remain healthy. there r also some sport persons who are strictly vegetarians.

so its absolutely not compulsory to eat meat. u can be vegetarian and healthy...

this is my perspective that i've just gained from knowledge attained in biochemistry. our body requires certain omega fatty acids to continue life. the only essential fatty acid that we need (it's essential because it eventually makes prostaglandins, which we need for procreation) is found in soybean oil and flax seeds. it is also in lots of other land plants like corn. therefore we usually consume enough of this fatty acid by eating meat (cows and such grazing on these plants). we also require omega-3 fatty acids which are found in fish. they are not necessary for life, but there are great health benefits associated with them. i hope i didn't get to technical (so you don't understand) and that i explained well enough. hope my insight helps!!! i say hit up the vitamins then!!! look into soybean oil, flax seed oil, and fish oil supplements.

I would do my resurch before I did. You can't go wrong with veggies, just find out which items are higher in protien. I know soy is a high protein item.

here is some referance links.