Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 1 decade ago

Is it possible for a woman to have a 6 month pregnancy?

My mom and dad are trying to tell me that she was pregant with me when they got married ( and she doesnt look it in the pictures) But they got married end of September and I was born end of March... Which would mean I was3 months premature?

Correction--- My mom is trying to tell me she WASNT pregnant when she was getting married. But liek She doens tsoudn very convincing when she tells me and its kind of like a joke wiht my aunt and my grandmother... and I'm not small or anyhting.. I'm 5'7 and 125 lbs. right now... so It hink they are bs' ing me.... but Im jsut curious if it is possible

IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE BABIES ARE BORN PREMATURE EVERYDAY ALL DAY AND THEY SURVIVE AND LIVE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.YOUR MOTHER COULD HAVE CONCEIVED YOU IN JUNE AND BEEN 3 MONTHS PREGNANT WHEN SHE MARRIED YOUR FATHER WOMEN TYPICALLY DON'T SHOW THAT EARLY WHICH WOULD MEANS YOU PROBABLY WASN'T PREMATURE.

Yes. There are many 6 mos pregnancies. My son was a 6.5 mos one.

Keep in mind, that just because someone doesn't look pregnant...doesn't mean that she isn't. I didn't look pregnant until I was around 16 weeks... There are those who don't show until the later months... If she said she was pregnant there's no reason not to believe her. ;)

If you were born 3 mos prematurely, you would have been in a NICU, with months of intense medical help. I don't know how old you are, but even today, children born 3 mos premature have lengthy hospital stays. Mine was born that early and stayed 3 mos in the NICU and came home on his 3 mos date...his due date.

I'd believe your mom. ;)

• Susy

Some women just don't show it, I guess it's the type of body they have. My belly started to grow until I reach the 6th month, I have a friend who is 7 months pregnant and she doesn't look at all and I have a cousin who is 3 months pregnant and looks like if she were 9 months already, got the picture???? Don't make a drama out of this, just believe your mom.

First off it isn't called pre-maturity-it's called pre-term (3mo or more early) and yes it happens. You should be able to find pictures of yourself at birth and even into early childhood. Were you really small for your age? Are there a lot of hospital pictures? My mother delivered at 6 months (unfortunately he didn't survive but because he contracted chicken pox virus). There are many teratogen that can cause this but you will want to talk to your mother more about the causes to make sure it isn't going to effect your future pregnancies...

• HCW

that would mean you were probably at 7 or 8 months when you were born. I would say that your parents werent lying to you. Why would they? Your mother could've even been full term when you were born. Some people dont show until 5 or 6 months when they are pregnant.

God's love knows no bounds...I was a seven month baby.... 2 1/2 pounds. My Mom & Dad were never married didn't stop them from loving me and taking care of me.Be grateful you have a Mother to tell you any thing... I only gained 27 pounds with each of my girls so You don't have to get as big as a house to have a baby. repect the love..

Women are pretty good at hiding when they are pregnant.. the chances taht you are 3 months premature are slim..

I would say look back in the pictures and trust your mom.. or maybe you are adopted

Babies can be 3 months premature. Your parents would have had a very large medical bill.

Sounds like you answered your own question. But, if you need reassurance, yes it is possible. It is called premature birth.

wait, i don't see what the deal is here? your parents got pregnant with you a few months before they got married. it's as simple as that. babies can't survive after only 6 months in the womb.