What is the best way for the world to deal with North Korea?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

the bomb

• 1 decade ago

I believe that the answer is...singing. If every American taped him or herself singing a song (preferably a love song, or at the very least a happy song -- no angry songs like Eminem or Limp Bizkit) and mailed it to North Korean Prime Minister Kim Jong-Il (or better yet, email it to him as an mp3!), the gesture would so overwhelm him with emotion that he would start weeping like the bride's mother at a wedding. He would then cease all attempts to build a nuclear arsenal and embrace democracy as the only truly viable form of government and... Well, come to think of it, maybe that's a bit idealistic. I don't know, maybe continued economic sanctions and significant pressure from the international community, China in particular, might be a better plan. But the singing might help, too, you never know.

• 1 decade ago

I think the whole world should get together and give N. Korea a big blanket party. Throw it over the whole country and everyone jump on top and start thumping the area around the presidential palace, then skidaddle out of there before Kim Jong Il crawls out from beneath and sees who did it. I bet he'd feel like a fool then.

• 1 decade ago

What if we extended talks without threatening sanctions?

It'd be the last thing he'd expect, why not give it a try first before escalating to a point where we can't back off.

I know that we have tried to talk before, but now they KNOW they have our attention.

What better time would there be to start the talks again?

With China siding up to N. Korea's side, do we really want to rush to play the bully?

In a nuclear war of good bully vs bad bully, everybody loses.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

North Korea reminds me of that little kid in JR High that wants to beat up the toughest guy in school to prove to everyone he is tough. You treat them just like that. You tell him what will happen if he does something and you follow through with it. First something tiny like destroy the launch pad. If he didn't get a clue then you pound the snot out of him. He should get the point then.

You just can not play around with these kids. You need to give them the paddle.

• 1 decade ago

I think south korea had the best reaction. So? They realized that the tests were failures and that the north korean leader was just stomping his feet to get attention.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Beotch slap their funny looking leader, Kim Jung Ill.

• 1 decade ago

Isolate the country until Kim Jong Il dies.

• 1 decade ago

Allow them to conduct test just like the United States, Russia and China do....even as we speak.

And stop talking down at their leaders as though they were coolies.

• 1 decade ago

Mind your own business!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

talk them to death with the carrot just out of reach

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.