What are the top 10 most haunted places in the world?
What are the top 10 most haunted places in the world; their names and where they are located?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavourite answer
Thank you for your question.
Dennis William Hauck has compiled a directory of over 750 haunted places.
By region, the most haunted places are:
* Africa - Cape Town Castle has had a ghost for over 300 years. The Underground Tunnel in Johannesburg is also notable as is Spokeveld (Spookworld) also in South Africa is claimed to be haunted by pilgrims.
* Asia - Singapore is Asia's most haunted city. In Tokyo, a district is haunted by the spirit of Zashiki Warishi. Mount Everest is haunted by the ghost of climber Andrew Irvine who died in 1924 while Mumbai has a poltergeist.
* Oceania - Fiji's Parliament House was haunted by a ghost recorded on camera and played on television. This led to an exorcism in 1997.
* Australia - Brisbane is the most haunted place in Australia with Old Government House, the Parliament House, and the Brisbane Arcade, and City Hall, where at least three ghosts haunt the hallways. Most capitals have their ghost. The most documented cases are Fishers Ghost in Campbelltown on the outskirts of Sydney and the Ghost of the Outback at Corroboree Creek outside Alice Springs.
*Canada has ghosts at Edmonton, the Princes Theatre in Vancouver, an Indian chief at Sarcee Reservation or two men at the Banff Springs Hotel.
* Central America - Former US Army facility Fort Clayton is considered to be haunted. The Azeman is a ghostly woman who haunts Surinam north of Brazil.
* Carribbean - The City Cemetery in Port au Prince in Haiti is known as a haunted place with grave robbers active. Haiti is known as the birth place of voodoo. The Chase Mausoleum in Barbados was known for ghostly activities leading the Governor of Barbados to seal the vault. Eventually, the bodies in it were buried separately.
* Europe - In Iceland, you could legally summons a ghost. Denmark is known for its ghostly monarchs most notably the ghost in Hamlet as well as King Valdemar IV the psychic king and King Abel. The Lorelei on the banks of the Rhine in Germany is world famous while the White Lady of Hohenzollerns haunts castles throughout Germany.
In France, the ghost of Joan of Arc haunts her basilica. In Russia, ghosts are so common that there is a classification system. Prague, Bucharest and Sarajevo in Eastern Europe all have notable ghosts.
Great Britain and Ireland - Derby is England's most haunted city while Borley Rectory is its most haunted spot. Also worthy of mention is the ghost at number 10 Downing Street, the residence of the Prime Minister. The Scottish highlands are known for its Banshees while the Ad'h Seigh is notable in Ireland.
The US has a number of haunted places of its own. These include
* Bell Witch Cave in Tennessee;
* Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville;
* Moore Home or the Axe Murder House in Villisca, Iowa;
* Old Slave House at Junction Illinois;
* Lemp Mansion at St Louis;
*Bachelor's Grove in Midlothian, Illinois;
* Gettysburg Battlefield in Pennsylvania;
* Alcatraz in San Francisco;
* Winchester Mansion in San Jose, California;
* Myrtles Mansion near St Francisville Louisiana;
* Bobby Mackey's Music World in Wilder Kentucky across from Cincinnati.
Many people don't believe in ghosts but those are the places best known for stories about ghosts.
I have attached sources for your reference.
RegardsSource(s): International Haunted Houses directory http://www.haunted-places.com/International.htm Americas Most Haunted Places http://www.prairieghosts.com/mosthaunted.html
- Anonymous3 years ago
Johannesburg is the 2nd largest town in Africa, with increased than 3 million people calling that hectic area home and if you want to visit that outstanding town then this hotelbye is the place to start. Johannesburg presents guests an event as unique and diverse as the town itself. Whether you are on business, looking for a cultural encounter, an adrenaline speed or just want to curl up and unwind for some days, the town of Johannesburg has every thing you're searching for and more! In Johannesburg you can go to the Soweto (an abbreviation for South-western Townships) at 20 kilometres southwest of Johannesburg. This place offers readers a trip into the heart of the fight for freedom and the birthplace of the battle for democracy.
- 4 years ago
There are many places in the world where we can sense some paranormal activities and also some radiations. The top ten haunted places in the world are as follows:
- EvelynLv 44 years ago
1-Borley Rectory in England 2-The Whaley House in California 3-Raynham Hall in England 4-The Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana 5-The Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia 6-The Tower of London 7-Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky 8-The Queen Mary in California 9-The White House in Washington DC 10-Edinburgh Castle in Scotland
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- SvartalfLv 61 decade ago
I'll give only 2 Entries. Both in the UK.
The top ghost place in a country renowned for them is Glamis castle in Scotland, with the most and most impressive ghosts.
Also renowned is the royal Castle of Hampton Court, not far from London
- 1 decade ago
i believe in ghost..and you must see this also..just visited this site go ahead and see for yourself the list of top ten haunted places..
- 1 decade ago
u poor girl, don't u know there is no such thing as ghosts.