My left ear seems plugged up, it's not really hurting just seems plugged...what should I do for it??

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
It may be the beginnings of an ear infection. I had something like that and my left ear filled up with wax to the point I was almost deaf, and the same thing was happening inthe right ear too. Finally one morning I went to yawn and a shooting pain shot through my left ear. I went to the doctor after that and he said it was an ear infection and there was a plug of wax blocking my ear. He gave me an antibiotic and some drops to soften the wax and about a week later I went and had my ears flushed out. Big gobs of wax came out and I could hear again.

Source:

From the AEN "How to Get Along in Life Handbook"

This answer is a finely tuned, precision instrument and was carefully handcrafted from the highest quality materials.

No animals or plants were harmed in the answering of this question. Any similarity with any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintended.

What, me worry
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (14)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • *HEiDi!* answered 7 years ago
    ear candles, you can get them at any health food store.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sawyer answered 7 years ago
    Go to pharmacy & buy some liquid with Guaifenesin in it. Usually known by brandnames such as Robitussin, but you can buy the generic store brand.
    Take it for several days. It will cause your ears to decongest. I work in a group home, & when our residents get this, they take it for 10 days. they start feeling better within about 4 though...
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Wolfithius answered 7 years ago
    You can get a little plastic bulb thing at the drug store. You fill it with warm water and gently hose out the ear. It may take several tries. Do not squeeze the bulb violently. You can put it ear drops after that. It is likely that a yellow/gold/brown chunk will come out. You need to get it out and going to the doctor is the other answer. Do NOT use a Q-Tip.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • babi_lara_ere answered 7 years ago
    put olive oil in it and lay down on your other side for around 10 mins do this for a few days
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • rftdwg answered 7 years ago
    Hydrogen peroxide should not be used it just bubbles up and makes a mess. Cotton swabs may push the wax in more. It is better to use a couple of drops of baby oil, keep you head tilted with the bad ear up after insertion for about 10 minutes. Do this twice a day for a few days. Any wax in there will work its way out. If not in may need to be washed out at the docs. If you also have a cold try a decongestant
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • happy67 answered 7 years ago
    if you know your ears are blocked then put some warm oil in them for two or three days if it hasnt shifted you may need to see your dr or nurse to get them syringed.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Southern Belle answered 7 years ago
    I would suggest getting some ear drops you can get these at most pharmacies. It may just be a build up of wax.

Another thing is that you may be getting a cold. Sometimes colds can start in the ears and sinus and in this case the best advice is to blow your nose regulary to stop presure building up and generally wait for the cold to pass.

If it turns out to be neither then seeking advice from a medical professional is probabaly the best thing to do!

Hope this helps
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Atrain answered 7 years ago
    See your doctor. He will probably want to clean out your ears with saline and flush out all the wax buildup.

Don't try using Q-tips or ear buds, you may end up pushing wax into your ear canal which will clog it and you really won't be able to hear out of it. Don't worry though if that happens, it's just wax and it can be flushed out by a doctor.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Such A Chicka answered 7 years ago
    You may need to clean it out with a Q-tip. But dont dig or go deeper just to unclog. Leave that up to your doctor. You might have some ear wax build up, that needs attention and a simple proceedure by a doctor.

You may even have a ear drainage problem, your ear is about to turn into a ear infection, this may be an early stage. Its never bad to have this checked out, or to be too cautious.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• yvohou91 answered 7 years ago
    Use some hydro-peroxide and get a cu tip and clean it out ,and it might be wax
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ambi answered 7 years ago
    take a bath. Lay down in tub. fill ears with water. Using fingers squish water around in ears. sit up empty water from ears. Repeat until ears feel or sound better. It works for me

Source(s):

My doctor.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • curious! answered 7 years ago
    It could be a build up of wax! Get your Q-tip or ear cleaner out! If it doesn't work then u probably have a cold if that's not it then go to a doctor
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • waywrdsun answered 7 years ago
    take your finger out of it. : ) Sorry, couldn't resist.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Crazy Kod II answered 7 years ago
    inject pressurized air from the other... I can do it with my carrot. yes with my carrot . I have a carrot
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock