ash asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Isnt North Korea a bigger threat to America than Iran?

When it comes to North Korea the U.S admin stresses on talks where as incase of Iran it doesnt rule out the use of force. N.Korea is a nuclear power which defied the whole world by conducting a test but Iran is still a few years away from the nuclear bomb. I would also like to point out that Iran has no wepons capable of hitting the U.S shores where as the N.Koreans have missiles which can strike various U.S. Iran is condemed by only the U.S and few other western nation but incase of N.Korea the condemnnation is world wide. Also the N.Koreans are more likely to transfer Nuclear wepons in the hands of terrorist than iran like it transferred missiles to Pakistan in exchange of Nuclear technology. Given all these factors N.Korea is hardly mentioned by the U.S admin but they go all out threatning Iran, a non nuclear state with consequences which can contain military strike. If I were the U.S id be more worried about N.Korea with Nuclear wepons in the hands of a mad man. Your opinions pls?

• Favourite answer

DEFINETLY MORE OF A THREAT THAN IRAQ WAS!!!

• Ali Mli3 years agoReport

What those his question have to do with iraq?

I think they are both dangerous. However I believe that Iran has more of a following and can get into places the north Korea can't. I doubt North Korea would use a bomb if they had it because they would no longer exist. However Iran can put a bomb almost anywhere. JMO

it incredibly is a valid question. yet i do no longer think of our way of existence has replaced that plenty. If something, individuals are greater vigilant and prepared to do the right element--airline passengers, to illustrate, are prepared to subdue any passenger that poses a gamble (occasion: Richard Reid). protection in this u . s . a . immediately isn't oppressive or stepping on all and sundry's liberties. it incredibly is our duty, although, to continuously watch our leaders to maintain that from happening. because of the fact of this there is such an outcry whilst there are memories of government twine-tapping, case in point, even nevertheless that became out to be much less intrusive than first stated.

So far I believe only one country has used nuclear weapons on civilian population, let me think, was it the US? Oh yes ! Should we be afraid that they could do it again. My word we should.

The guy who gave the nuclear bomb to Pakistan was in Holland spying to get the technology for it, he was going to be arrested but left the country protected by the CIA. So was it incompetence or there is something I don't get? Now you can worry about who is more likely to strike, I worry about what is really going on. Could someone please wake me up this nightmare has to stop!

• ?

Iran is smack in the middle of the oil rich Middle east and would have the capability of holding the entire world hostage if alowed to exert it's criminalistic influence over all of the oil producing countries.

What's Korea got? They eat stone soup.

NKorea is serious, no doubt. But there are differences in ideologies which requires us to take Iran more seriously.

NKorea is for sale to the highest bidder. Iran is for jihad.

Yeah!....I would think so since they already have the weapons and a leader with Napoleonic symptom. However, N Korea has no oil.

Having even 1 nuke is a threat . They both are EXTREME THREATS and likely will be dealt with soon !!!!

The leader of that country didn't threaten to kill Bush's Daddy......Yet!!!.

No and a little homework would've told you that...

WHY IS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IS A THREAT TO USA......IT IS USA THAT IS A THREAT TO EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING....BYTHE WAY WHY DOESN'T USA ATTACK RUSSIA IF RUSSIA DOES SOMETHING WRONG BECAUSE RUSSIA IS A SUPER POWER AND USA DOESNT WANT MORE COUNTRIES LIKE RUSSIA.....