What's the difference between women and junior's size?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I'm looking to buy some clothes for a girl. I noticed from their website that under female clothes section... there's women and junior's size. What's the difference? ...show more
Best Answer
junior is like, little people. like preteen people.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (6)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Bouvier answered 7 years ago
    Juniors run 1,3,5,7,9,11,13
    Women's run 2,4,6,8,10,12,14

Essentially, women's sizes tend to be fuller in the hip and leg area.

You should make sure you know her size before ordering, however, that doesn't always fly as so many designers make thier clothing's fit so differently. I would recommend a gift certificate to that store, then maybe buy her something personal, like a nice leather wallet, a pair of nice hoop earrings to go with the outfit, etc.,
    • 8
    • Comment
  • Sugarshots answered 7 years ago
    Womens clothes sizes are sometimes cut akwardly. I'm 23 and shop in the juniors for my pants and womens for my tops. Those shirts are too short. Womens sizes usually have a higher waist and baggy seat area. It seems like they are cut for women with short legs and baggy middles. A young girl would be juniors unless she's a little big.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • bettys answered 7 years ago
    THERE ARE WOMEN SIZES STARTING AT SIZE 14/? AND THERE ARE MISSES STARTING AT SIZE 2 UP TO 14. THE MISSES 14 IS A LITTLE SMALLER THEN WOMENS 14 AND JUNIORS SIZES ARE CUT DIFFERENT , USUALLY LOW CUT' SHORTER IN THE STRIDE. IN THE STORES THEY WILL BE IN DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS WOMEN,MISSES AND JUNIORS
    • 1
    • Comment
  • WisdomFolly answered 7 years ago
    Odd sizes are Junior sizes and even sizes are Misses. The difference between say a size 9 and a size 10 is that the odd sizes are slightly smaller in the hips (and often the chest) because they are designed for females who have not quite "filled out" yet (hence the term "juniors").

Women's sizes are generally size 16 and above (also called
    Plus size).

I can't believe how many women don't know this stuff! And I'm a guy.

The bottom line: if you are "curvy" shop the even sizes. If you aren't, shop the odd sizes.

Source(s):

• 4
    • Comment
  • 반짝 answered 7 years ago
    junior sizes are for teens and are more fashionable and youthful-looking. also, they are cut smaller. women's clothing look more mature and have larger sizes and older-looking styles.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • justme answered 7 years ago
    The sizes in Juniors will be slightly slimmer and more trendy for young women.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock