Swollen spot on upper lip, cold sore?

First off, I woke up one moring with swelling on a spot on my upper lip. I've never had a cold sore and I'm 24 years old. But my brother gets them; but I never share anything with him. After swelling went down the spot on the lip blistered up. The spot/sore looked like a small white line and then scabed... show more First off, I woke up one moring with swelling on a spot on my upper lip. I've never had a cold sore and I'm 24 years old. But my brother gets them; but I never share anything with him. After swelling went down the spot on the lip blistered up. The spot/sore looked like a small white line and then scabed over after a few days.

I was wondering if there was any chance that it was a cold sore? The spot never seemed to "pop" like they say a cold sore usually will break and ooze. Also I live in MN, I know that winter can be hard on our lips.

So the main question is "cold sore or no?"
Thanks