Over extended militarily, and war weary, would the American people support a war against Iran?

Can any case be made that would make the American people support strikes against Iran?

Favorite Answer

I don't think most of America would support a war in Iran right now but AIPAC & Israel sure would support a US invasion of Iran right now.

As far as being war weary, our troops want to go and kick some butt. And most of thier deeds go unapreciated. Some feel betrayed by all this noise here. It's not them, it's us over here. Just let Iran do what they're doing, when they get thier bomb they'll use it on Isreal, or Seattle. Then President Clinton2 can try and talk them out of blowing up something else. Jimmy Carter has already shown Iran we won't do anything to them. What reason would they have to fear The U.S?

• America is in no position to wage war with Iran with the present situation in Iraq. We missed a golden opportunity to set aside our arrogance and objectively evaluate a country's true threat. Saddam Hussein was certainly not your personable good neighbor, but neither are a host of other world leaders. Any nation can rattle their chains but only moral self control and a lack of hypocrisy can preserve our integrity in the eyes of the world at large. I think the American people are a little shell shocked by poor choices and deceit.

i dont think the american people are ready for a war with iran. We are war weary now and need to put and end to the war we have going on.

I don't support the wars in afghanistan or iraq, I'm not going to support a war with iran.

bush is a traitor, I will never support him.

How many wars in the world were waged after a vote from voters? None, I think.

Because we must secure the oil in that region and to gain a foothold for the coming war with China.

Only if Iran struck first...

Would it make any difference?

they were stupid enough to support this one and really stupid to support bush so I don't think there is anythng they won't support