Rent / financial help for a 16 yr old who's moving out.?

I'm in need of a room to rent desperatly. But, I don't know if any "roomie" will accept me cause I'm still young. I'm looking for a 450 per month rental, which I've already found some, but is unsure if I'll get the room. If I'm bringing allong a close friend for a roommate, I'll consider something like 800ish per month...

If needed, I plan to work many mnay hours after school and on weekends. Even a second job. I can handle it since I've been employeed before.

And finally, YES, i plan to graduate and go to college and stuff, and the reason for leaving is my family problems - parents are jackasses, sis is retarded, im not HAPPY when i live there, so what's better than living on independently and responsibly?

You are trying to grow up way to fast. You are not old enough or mature enough to take on this kind of responsibility. If you are that unhappy at home, I would suggest that you find another family member or a very good friend to move in with!

I don't have a solution to your question, sorry.

But I do wish you good luck.

Figure out what your priorities are. Personally, my priority is my family. But it isn't the same for everyone, and if there is no way you could be happy with your family, then take the decisions that will change that. But if there is even the smallest possibility, my suggestion is that you take it. It's kind of selfish to say "I am not happy" and move on. Try to fix things. I know you must be thinking I don't know what I am talking about, I don't know your problems, but trust me, I have had some pretty tough ones myself.

If you don't feel love for your family, and what you consider your priority is not being fulfilled, then take actions that will fulfill that priority. Just make sure you truly know what it is, and that it will not change later in life (you are taking some big steps at a very young age, and changing priorities is not a luxury you can afford if you proceed with these steps).

If you feel living "independently and responsibly" is what you want, what will satisfy emotional, physical, intellectual, and social needs, then go ahead, and you have my best wishes. Just make sure you have the right idea of what independently and responsibly really means. That is quite hard at 16, but I won't say it is impossible. Who am I to tell you whether what you are doing is wrong or right.

Kind Regards,

Loup

You need to think this through. Idont know where you live but for young people in Australia its hard for them to rent because of age. Unless you share with another young person for half the costs. I know you are not happy. If you intend going to college and to work you will burn out.Your best option would be to live with a relative or friend and offer to pay board until you finish school.To be independent is to think responsibly. Its not just the cost of rent there are other things like electricity gas water phone bills food .Usually they come out of your expenses.Think carefully about what you should do. If its bugging you that much you should simply have breaks away from home.Stay with friends or relatives until you finish school.

you are to young to rent ...you must be at least 18 to sign legally binding contracts, which a lease is. Lets see now=rent plus electric, heat, phone, transportation, food and groceries, clothes, medical care, tuition,taxes...How much did you say you could afforded?????better add that again.

You are cutting your life short by trying to grow up so early. It sounds so great and well planned but life is not as easy as you seem to think it is.. If it were then all adults would be sitting on easy street with college educations.

True maturity means you have the fortitude to stick things out and work out the problems that arise in life with family and friends. Your trying to cut short your opportunity to grow in this area and will make maturing that much harder...and no you are not yet mature or you would know better than to think of doing something like this.

I know your making this decision with the best of intentions but as they say the road to hell is paved with them. If you can not handle living with your family who loves you, what makes you think you'll be able to live with someone else. If you want to act like an adult then suck it up and deal with your family. Living on your own is alot lot more than having rent money and although you say you will finish school the odds are against it. Save your money and when school is done , then find your own place. THAT shows alot more maturity and responsibility.

• Bones

I felt like this too at your age but I decided the best place for me was at home. I too, wanted to go live with some one else.

One day I ended up talking to an old man who really convinced me to look at the problem in a different way. Was I the problem?

Turned out I expected too much from every one around me. Mainly my parents.

So take a good long look before you take a big step. Find the real answer to the problem. It is easy to say every one else is the problem.

I stayed and turned out fine.

can't you go live with a relative or something at least until you finish school? maybe a grand parent or something? i was in your shoes at one point and my grand parents took me in until i was done school and when it came time to leave they didnt want me to go. it sounds like you are mature but how long will working late at night and getting up for school in the morning last, one or the other has to give and sadly when push comes to shove your school work will fail. living on your own is a big responsibility just be sure you have weighed all your other options in advance before getting your self into something you dont want to be in. best of luck to you.