i keep having advert emails sent to my mail but i cant unsubscribe? How can i stop them?

its advertising medicine but i have never been on its site or anything similiar? can any1 help 2 get rid of this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Trying to unsubscribe could actually be making the problem worse. They DON'T want you to unsub, so they send you even more emails.

Check your spam settings. Make sure they are filtering out as much as possible. (Options > Spam Protection)

Set up filters of your own to catch emails with subject lines or senders' names that tend to use the same wording all the time. (Options > Filters)

• Pete S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Unsubscribing actually causes more spam because you verify that your email address is a good address!

The only way to stop spam is change email addresses (Google's free email service [mail.google.com] is very good and stops spam much better than Yahoo or MSN). You can set up filters, but still a lot of spam gets through.

• 1 decade ago

I have this problem all the time. I either mark them as spam or block sender & they end up in junk email.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.