Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health & Beauty · 1 decade ago

i keep getting cold sores anyone know why?

i started withone very painful cold sore on my bottom lip each time i think its healing another one comes had about 5 now one after another painful...and i dont know why i keep getting them HELP !!!!!

Favorite Answer

you have herpes simplex and you can get rid of it with H2O2 put Hydrogen peroxide in your search engine and you will find the info you need also go to your local health food store to get the product. it got rid of mine now for 15 years. in good health

Safest and by far the best treatment available for cold sores: Abreva from your local Wal-Mart (most economical price found there ... about $13 a tube) and it is over-the-counter.

Best prevention: in addition to a daily Lysine supplement of which you can get from Wal-Mart in the vitamin section is a tube of sunblock chapstick and apply it anytime you go out in the sun ... sunshine is the number one catalyst to activate cold sores. The best medicine is prevention ... I used to get cold sores once or twice a month ... now I use Lysine supplements and lip block and haven't had one in nearly two years now, and I have used prescriptions and about everything known for cold sores... nothing helped much ... that is until I learned about using sunblocking chapstick ... it is the best prevention tool available and it needs to be SPF 30 or greater.

Source(s): Years of experience working as a Nurse.

Unfortunately once you have the cold sore virus there seems no way of obliterating it. Despite the presence of antibodies it stays in the system indefinitely breaking out episodically.

When prolonged or frequent attacks occur it is worth going to your GP and getting a check up, specifically of your immune system, blood count and immunoglobulins. Assuming this is normal sometimes a course of oral antivirals ( Zovirax,Famvir etc.) will break the cycle and allow a longer period without an attack.

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

I believe that once you get a cold sore , you will always have repeats they lie dormant ready to come out when you are feeling low or stressed .You can get little patches in the chemist that you cover your sore with and it helps to heal it and they are not as noticable . ZOVIRAX is only for sores that are not fully out . There are other things you can get in the chemist once the sores are out .

The first response is right looks like it maybe herpes. Have a look at this website it explains everything,

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cold-sore/DS00358...

cold sores are not only caused by the cold weather. They are also caused by herpes, which you might have. Also they are caused by stress. Visit your GP or pop into your chemist , they will advise you & give you treatment

Herpes simplex. Go to the doctor and get a prescription for Zovirax ointment.

http://www.medhycos.com/zovirax.html

once you get them you will always keep getting them from time to time. I have tried most things including tablets but for a quickish remedy which I have found works for me is a cream called Locoid hydrocortisone. good luck

¡Ánimo! Para curar el herpes, lo primero que tienes que hacer es no tocártelo mucho, no vaya a ser que se te infecte y se te queden las marcas del herpes, o te hagas daño en la zona. Aunque moleste o aunque te entren ganas, déjatelo en paz.

Luego, si te quieres curar el herpes y hacerlo bien, lo mejor es que acudas a remedios naturales. El herpes ha existido desde mucho antes que la medicina y no son pocos los remedios para el herpes que existen.

Te dejo aquí un enlace de uno muy bueno, para que le eches un vistazo.

¡Un saludo!

http://protocoloherpes.youtips.info

Herpes simplex