Buying a starter motorcycle. Is a 1987 Honda Rebel 450 with 17,000 miles for $500 a good deal?

I know there are a lot of variables, but the bike is in good shape for 20 years old, no rust, new wires, and a new front end, bike was taken care of during winter months. I'm just not sure about the mileage, how many more miles can I expect to get out of it?
Update: thank you all for your support, I bought the motorcycle, I couldnt imagine more for your support, the bike runs like a dream- again just wondering about the life span of the enigne and the transmission- I know I cant complain, a friend of mine owned the bike who sold it to me cheap so I could go riding with him... show more thank you all for your support, I bought the motorcycle, I couldnt imagine more for your support, the bike runs like a dream- again just wondering about the life span of the enigne and the transmission- I know I cant complain, a friend of mine owned the bike who sold it to me cheap so I could go riding with him after he bought the new honda shadow spirit this summer, I just needed some reassurence, your comments are still wanted ( I want to know what everyone thinks...), especially about its lifespan, just want to know what to expect- i had so much fun tonight- best 500 I ever spent so far, let me know what Im in for...