Favorite meaningful phrase or quote?

What's your favorite phrase that means something important, or a famous meaningful quote?

“Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.”

-Lewis B Smedes

I think this is good for people who can't seem to move on.

If a person said he does make mistakes, then that must he never learned anything.

- Albert Einstein

All things must pass

- George Harrison

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

- Albert Einstein

These are two of my favorite quotes, though they may not be what you're really looking for:

"A fashion is merely a form of ugliness so unbearable that we are compelled to change it every six months."

~Oscar Wilde

"It is stupidity rather than courage to refuse to recognise danger when it is close upon you."

~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Final Problem

"It's going to be five years later anyway, it might as well be five years later with a college degree."

-Dear Abby, responding to some writer who was complaining about how long it would take to get a degree going to school part-time.

I always took this to mean that time moves forward, and you better take full advantage of the time you have now, because you aren't going to get it back.

When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.

by James Whitcomb Riley

1849-1916

(from gladiator)

Lucilla: Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

-John Lenin

Do or do not, there is no try.

Master Yoda

Sounds kinda cheesy beings how it came from a two and half foot green puppet...

However, there is ultimate truth in that statement.

Very motivational.

Change the future,

by altering the past,

in the present.

Source(s): Tim P

Nobody Loves Me But My Mother,

...and she could be jivin' too.

~ BB King

>>although annnnnnna's answer above, might just be the one.

I was given this one by my father:

"I'm like a duck, if I get tired of flying I walk, and if I get tired of walking I swim".