Does having 2 Grapics cards make a diffrence?

i thinking about buying a custom built super gaming pc with high ram good mother and core 2 duo cpu

does having two graphics cards make a diffrence to only having 1? let say i was to get one 768mb card and i was to get another exactly the same would that be better?

will be using my sony 40" 1080p tv as a monitor.

just read about sli http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_learn.html

having two graphics cards does make a diffrence.

yea it does double graphics card double the quality!!

With the 8800 series from Nvidia, the only time you need 2 graphics cars is when you have a high-res 24"+ monitor or a 1080p HDTV.

If you have a stander res 19" (1280x1024) or widescreen (1680x1050), you don't need 2 cards.

Source(s): I'm a PC enthusiast / gamer.

Honestly, its better to have 1 of the best cards than two of lesser.

ALSO, If you are interested, I can build you a "Super Gaming PC" a lot cheaper than where you are looking at GUARANTEED!

So message me if you are interested in a better system and cheaper.

THANKS

only if your plannign on using multiple monitors and a single card won't support more than 1 monitor. graphics cards will not pool thier rescources for use on 1 monitor.

yes, thats called sli or crossfire configuration. running both gives you much better performance especially with 3d graphics.