Why can't men wear knee high or thigh high boots outside their jeans?

Knee high boots with a low heel, rubber wellies or something like the minnetonka moccasin boots on the outside of skinny jeans. I love boots, womens style of course, and have come across many that i can fit into. I would like to wear them on the outside of my pants if it weren't the fact that its not acceptable... show more Knee high boots with a low heel, rubber wellies or something like the minnetonka moccasin boots on the outside of skinny jeans. I love boots, womens style of course, and have come across many that i can fit into. I would like to wear them on the outside of my pants if it weren't the fact that its not acceptable for men to wear them this way. My girlfriend puts up with my many quirks and wouldn't care so i probably will but why can't men wear things the way women wear it?