iwonder asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

do you think it's ok if i eat a healthy frozen entree everyday?

i work until late and dont have time to cook. do you think it is ok if i eat a healthy frozen entree everyday? (lunch or dinner)

i workout everymorning

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I personally don't think it's healthy. Nothing compares to fresh home made meals. Their nutrients are fresher and always of better qualities. They also have some preservatives. But in your situation, since you don't have any time to cook, I would suggest that you look for the healthiest ones possible. Try not to use the microwave (whenever possible) and if you have to use the microwave, try switching the food to another container like a glass, or ceramic. These don't liberate harmful toxins.

PS. Try to prepare a side salad the day before so you have something raw to accompany it, or eat an apple or anything that is raw. If you have some natural enzymes supplements, try drinking it before or after each meal (follow the direction of the bottle). This enzymes will help your body to digest the food.

I hope this helps! :)

Source(s): Chef and Instructor
  • 1 decade ago

Yes it may be very healthy.

If the store or you use a blender, add or they may add vegetables. Your body needs this kind of healthiness, but watch out for carbs,sodium,fat and such. It also depends on what frozen entree. Slushies and Ice Cream are not your best choice. Sherbet and Healthy frozen yogurts are the way to go.

Though maybe only 4-5 times a week. If you start to shiver, catch a cold, get dizzy, or get a soar throat, stop for a few days then eat light amounts of cold products.

• 1 decade ago

Fresh food is always best. You exercise so it's obvious that you care about your health. So if you have to eat frozen food then just watch the ingredients. Many frozen foods can be over processed and made up of cheap ingredients that are not nutritious and can even be harmfull if eaten on a regular basis. So if you need to save time by eating these prepared foods then just get ones that are made with more "real foods" and less super processed stuff. Moderation is a good rule for everything.

• Paula
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

frozen fish are okay as long as they arent the breaded, fried kind frozen and canned vegetables are okay too, not just fresh ones. if you can get the fresh kind that's good, but canned ones are just as good. there are lots of healthy, cheap choices you can make at a store. peanut butter is a good item that doesn't cost much and is a good alternative to candy as a reward or treat breads are good and if you just look at the labels you can pick one that is cheap and good for you apples and other fruits can be bought for low prices if you read the prices and pick some that taste good (meaning you will actually eat them instead of junk) pink lady apples and gala apples taste good in my opinion cheerios are good toddler snacks with no sugar and junk added to them (they're a much better option than chips or sugary sweets) plus you can eat them for breakfast yourself yogurts are good too if you have money for them. at some stores you can buy a larger container of yogurt instead of the little ones and you save money and can portion out how much you want

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Can you add a salad or fresh vegies with the meal? That might make it more healthy.

Frozen food every day may not be the best thing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sounds good, but yeah, add fresh fruiits/ veggies and look for a low sodium entrree.

They're like 10 times better :]

• 1 decade ago

It's healthy. If you can, try to incorporate fresh fruits and/or veggies along with it. Have a small side salad or fresh berries for dessert. The fresh produce will do you good. :)

• 1 decade ago

So, just one entree for your entire caloric intake throughout the day?

No, thats not good.

But if you have one a day in additional to everything else, its fine.

• *Cara*
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I eat one of those for lunch every day. Hasn't hurt me any. Just add some fresh fruit or veggies with it and you're good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its ok. But if its frozen then it probably has alot of sodium in it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.