Is it my imagination or is the sun much brighter today than usual?

It looks blindingly bright. Is there something going on today with our sun? It looks a little out of the norm today but I can't find any mention of eclipse.

It was at about 6:30 AM this morning, and I am about an hour north of Nashville in southern Kentucky. It definately looked brighter than usual. Even with sunglasses it was a bit like looking at a high wattage light bulb. I thought maybe a star watcher would know something. Maybe it is due to it being the first day of summer like the first responder said.

• luna

Could be...it's the first day of summer. This means that the sun is the farthest north of any time during the year which could make it appear brighter if you are in the northern hemisphere.

well, the sun IS expanding at VERY VERY VERY slow rate that in about 10 TRILLION years the UV ray protection around the earth will be dissolved and sunburn and skin cancer could happen instantly in less than 12 minutes and the sun will become red and swallow all the planets up to the milky way and then shrink back after it exploded and become a little star of what some stars look as today.........so yeah, the end is coming, thanks for the info.

Source(s): my source is some guy that came to our class in 10th grade.
  • suzi q

NASA has several probes in orbit around the Sun studding it. If anything was a miss I am sure we would know it. But let me ask, were you in the City, of by a lake or any place that would reflect a lot of light. were you coming out of a dark building, did you have a headache? A lot of things can mess with our perception of light and dark.

No In Texas it is the humidity that makes it appear brighter.

• GeoffG

It is your imagination. The Sun is the same brightness it has always been.

Source(s): 66 years living on this planet.

its the summer solstice, thats why.

Source(s): Bubba-Jane ;}

It's you. Your eyesight is undergoing a metamorphosis. Soon you will be blind as a bat.

Is it ??? ... didn't notice :(