What does the term " Believing Christian" mean?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think of a "Believing Christian" as one who takes every word of the Bible literally and believes it is the word of God. Not all Christians believe as they do. There are those who believe that the Bible is a book written by men containing stories that help guide Christians in a "Godly" life.

• 1 decade ago

While it's a bit redundant it's an almost necessary term because people that call themselves Christians really aren't. Possibly because they don't really know what a Christian is. A Christian SHOULD believe in the Bible and what it says and live a Christ-like life to the best of their ability. Many "Christians" don't however.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some people claim to be Christians and they really don't believe that Christ Himself walked the earth. A believing Christian knows that there really was a Jesus of Nazareth and that He came to die for us and to spend a few days in hell so that believers would never have to go through that.

• 1 decade ago

It means that being a Christian isn't' just words that come out of a persons mouth. It's not just talking the talk, it's walking the walk. It means that the person models their life on the teachings and the philosophy of Jesus.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

One who can honestly confess the Apostles Creed. Which is. . . .

I believe in God, the Father almighty,

creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.

He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit

and born of the Virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell.

On the third day he rose again.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting.

Amen.

• 1 decade ago

One who is not a nominal Christian.

edit:

That would include every person who is not a nominal Christian. Sorry. The answer is one who believes in Jesus Christ, who has repented of sin, been baptized and has received the Holy Spirit, and who lives by faith.

• 1 decade ago

I never thought of that but either you are a Christian or you are not a Christian.

• 1 decade ago

This means that you should never doubt christian... believe me when I say this... never ever doubt christian.... :)

• 1 decade ago

One that believes that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He was crucified on the cross for our sins and that by His death we are saved through grace.

• 1 decade ago

It means that you believe Jesus Christ is our Lord and savior. And the he was killed on the cross and that God resurected him on the third day for our sins.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.