Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 decade ago

How much money do i get for recycling a aluminum cans???

i need money so i thought of recycling.. but i want to know how much i would get.. please help..........

THANKS

14 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

about 20 cents per pound cans are a low grade aluminum

• 1 decade ago

you can recycle plastic waterbottles too. you would have to find a local recycling center near you and ask them. surf online and find out where you can take them and how much. it depends on what state you live in. not all states believe in participating. but i know for sure california does. you get 5 cents a water bottle there but i dont know about aluminum cans. you will have to ask your local recycling center.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends where you live; different cities/states have different values.

In California, the CRV is 5 cents for containers less than 24 ounces, and 10 cents for containers 24 ounces and larger. Plus, some places only do it by weight.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How much money do i get for recycling a aluminum cans???

i need money so i thought of recycling.. but i want to know how much i would get.. please help..........

THANKS

Source(s): money recycling aluminum cans: https://shortly.im/edXib
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If your in a state with no deposit - I hope you have a huge truck to collect cans in! Fill a U-Haul truck full and you might get enough to pay for your gas and a hambuger at McDonalds

• Eugene
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It's 5 cents a can.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on what state you are. It is usually about 5 cents. This kind of occupation is too low for my blood. Save it for the 'special people' sorting out the recycleables. It is good though, it gives them something to do and contribute to society.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

5 cents a can 10 in michigan

i walked up and down the beach as a kid emtying garbage cans...nice extra money for baseball cards.

now i shud do it for beer

• 1 decade ago

If your in mercer county pa....50 to 60 cents a pound. but they take beverage cans only. soup cans are not excepted.

• 1 decade ago

You can recycle cardboard, plastic bottles, can, phonebook, magazines just check in your local center.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.