How long does it take to cook a 3 pound meatloaf?

How do I know if it's done?

Meatloaf 350°F 1 1/2 lb 1 1/4 hr total

Times that by 2 and use a thermometer

At 325 it would take between 45 minutes-1 hour.

Honestly the thing I would suggest to you is to pick up a cheap probe thermometer such as:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/60...

You just put the probe in the meat, set an alarm temperature (155 degrees would be fine for a meatloaf), and attach the monitor to the outside of the oven door. It has a long cord that lets you keep the probe in the meat, and the alarm will go off when it reaches its desired temperature. Takes all the guesswork out of braised or oven-finished meats.

As a thumbnail you can pretty much assume 20 min per pound will have it cooked at 350 degrees, but it would depend if you had all three pounds in one loaf. I wouldn't. I make several small ones, they cook faster and if you do not cut into one, they stay fresher longer. I also use Ketchup to cover the entire loaf prior to cooking, adds a nice flavor and helps to seal the juices in for nice moist loaf.

i bake a 2lb loaf at 450 for an hour. don't worry if its a bit pink inside, think of it as a medium well hamburger.