..Satanism???...?

If Satanism is NOT about devil worship (its about self worship) Then why is it called Satanism? ...

And its mostly known for worshipping satan?...

Do Satanists even believe in God or Satan????....

Why are so many people scared of Satanism?..Seems to me that its a very misunderstood religion...

Is Satanism is linked to Christianity? why or why not (please explain)

(please no rude comments)

Satanism is the worship of your own self, I think that believing that you are more powerfull than God is ridicolous and an insult to God.

Worshipping yourself is stupid as you are not a God, you don't know how to create the universe and beyond, God created the laws of physics and everything around us, you can worship yourself if you want but that is what satan would want us to do, in effect turn away from God and think that we are superior than he is

We are nothing compared to God

I've always thought that Satanism was created as an "Anti-Christianity." As a way to rebel against mainstream culture and scare people (use of pentacles and 666, both tabo sybmols in Christianity, yet not at all connected before). I think since then it's been reformed or divided. I once saw this "Satanist" woman on the news being interviewed on her religion, and she said it was about "enjoying life because there's nothing after death."

There are 2. The one that doesnt believe in God or Satan, adn the one that worships the devil. The founder of the santanism religon named it satanism because he felt that negative attention was still better than no attention. Satanist believe that they are there own god. They basically are masters of there own universe or something to that effect. They don't beleive in god or satan. People misstake them for satanic cults satanist and satanism which is totally different.

1. Satanism is called "Satanism" because we live in a mainly Christian society, and Satanism is based on the so-called darker side of human nature according to Christian beliefs (i.e., Satanists believe that we should indulge in the "seven deadly sins" because they lead to physical and mental satisfaction [although we're not supposed to go around hurting other people], but according to Christian belief, indulging in any type of sin, whether it hurts anyone else or not, is a big no-no). And of course in a Christian society, Satan is one of the names that represent the "dark side". That's why Anton LeVay, the founder of the Church of Satan, chose the name for his religion.

2. The reason it's mostly known for worshipping Satan is, 1) because of the name people who have never actually tried to learn the truth behind the religion just automatically assume it must have something to do with the Christian devil; and 2) there are some actual devil worshipers that also refer to themselves with the term "Satanist".

3. Satanists who follow Anton LeVay's teachings do not believe in either God or Satan, nor any deity whatsoever. But as I said above, there are some people who worship a being known as Satan that also use the same term to describe their religion. In reality, the name may be the same, but the the beliefs are totally different.

4. Yes, Satanism is a very misunderstood religion primarily because of the name. Since most people automatically assume Satanists worship the devil, they tend to be afraid of them and they don't see that there's any reason why they should look into the religion further and see what it really is about. And some hardcore Christians seem to believe that any religion that's not their own is only the devil influencing people and turning them away from God. But the main reason people fear Satanists is that people fear what they don't understand, that's just human nature.

5. No, Satanism isn't linked to Christianity, other than borrowing the name from the Christian devil. Satanists are atheists (the LeVayen Satanists of course), and they have a completely different way of viewing the world and themselves than Christians do. We believe we are the makers of our own fate, and it is in that way that you can say we view ourselves as our own "God". Because life is what we make it, not was some cosmic being determines for us.

Source(s): The Satanic Bible by Anton LeVay, and I am a Satanist myself.

From what I've heard, Satanists respect diversity, love pleasure, and aren't trying to end the world. Can the same be said about Christianity? Satanists, from what I understand, respect Satan for fighting against an oppressive Authority that will destroy the Earth and torture most the people forever. That's about what I know. I'm sure some might be rebeling against Christianity and it seems most logical to conclude that as Satan is a god from the Christian and Muslim traditions. Many Satanists say they dont actually worship Satan as a diety. They would know better than I. I'm sure some do. I think they're more about individual freedom and power instead of obeying Authority and giving up your power and personal freedoms to fit in with a group of followers.

we dont believe in the god, satan, heaven or hell that you speak of, and we certainly dont worship satan!. the name satanism is kinda linked to christianity, in the way that it was called this to oppose christianity, there is no evil reason behind it. the person that wrote the satanic bible was called Anton LaVey in 1969. he did this because he was part of a travelling carnival and he constantly saw christians breaking their comandments and cheating on their wives which he though was wrong, so he created a religion that would not suffer this fate.

sadly it is mostly known for worshipping satan, but that is purely because people dont do research before making alligations, they hear satan and think evil. yes it is about self worship, everyperson is their own god, but they are only equal to every other human and animal, which is something i totally agree with!

so there is no crazy rituals with virgin or animal sacrifises, we actually opose that completely! i hope i hav enlightened you a bit, visit http://web.satanism101.com/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan for more info.

Read The Satanic Bible by Anton LeVey. It's interesting eventhough I don't believe the way he does. Better to understand than listen to a bunch of hypocrites who know nothing about it because they are afraid of knowledge.

They called it Satanism to irk the Christians.

You also have two different types of Satanist. Those who self worship and those who worship a divine being. This is where it gets complicated. They worship the "devil" but NOT the Christian devil. It IS a very misunderstood religion, but honestly most are. I will even concede that denominations of Christianity are VERY misunderstood (Catholics). It pays to learn to read.

There's more than one Satanism.

The one you seem to be referring to is the one associated with Anton LaVey. He claimed not to believe in Satan, or demons, although he did include chants to them in his book. He might have called himself a Satanist because some Christians claim the worship of Man is Satanism. Who knows really, he told a lot of bullshit in his life. One of my colleagues in the Civil Service is a LaVey-style Satanist.

On the other hand, there are some other Satanists who maintain that God is dead and Satan is the true son of God, so go figure.

its kind of the point, christians don't want you to know that there are other religions out there. otherwise if everyone knew they'd lose alot of following thats what happened to me, i was mad that they lied to me about satanism and so i left.