Can anyone tell me if a buying a jeep cherokee 2.8 CRD is a bad mistake??

Not sure of the band or wether Kens congestion thing is eventualy gonna hit me, know it's only London for now but i live in Essex and usually it gets here pretty soon after.

Need a bigger car for new baby, but worried i could lose a shed load by buying one of these..

Yes, huge mistake. But my question to you...... you say "is it a bad mistake." Is there such a thing as a good mistake?

An SUV is a good idea for the safety of your family. I was hit by a Mustang once, Mustang was totaled and I drove away with a big dent in my door. Love those safety side bars in the door. When my wife was pregnant with my son we looked into the Jeep Cherokee (Liberty) since I was driving a Cherokee, why not upgrade. We never took it for a test drive, it was to cramped, which is not good when you have three kids like we do now. I still can't figure out why the older Cherokees seemed more roomy than the newer models. This was about three years before the Jeep Wrangler four door so we ended up getting a Dodge Ram Quad cab.

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee; however it is a 6 cylinder. I get about 19-21 in the city and 24-26 on the highway. I would imagine a V8 would get a little less than what I experience. I love my Grand Cherokee. It has been fun to drive and very reliable. If you are getting a good deal, I would say, "Go for it!"

• sfcjcl

I own a 2005 Jeep CRD (called a Liberty here in the States) due to U.S. Federal Emmission Standards, Jeep desided to alter the vehicle from what they sale overseas. A different EGR Valve and the Transmission is the biggest differences that have caused some problems with the units here in the states. I have had mine serviced twice for both problems and it seems to be doing just great. I really like the truck. As for local regulations about emmissions in the UK, I would suggest on investigating whether these laws contain "grandfather" clauses. (Here in the U.S., this means that if you own it before the law takes effect, it does not really apply). Anyway, good luck and congrates on the baby.

The common rail diesel or CRD is one of the best engines Jeep ever put 4 wheels under.

The engine is great on MPG, not only that it's not a huge SUV like some below are trying to say, that just shows they have no idea what they are talking about and just trool here to spit green at you.

It's your life and like the person said above you dont want to goto the hospital because you got hit by a 10 speed bike.

You really are making a good choice for you and your newborne Congrads on that by the way!

Buy it. The Liberty does look like a toy car compared to the original XJ (smaller outside, bigger inside, weird eh?), but the 2.8L CRD Diesel more than makes up for that. I hear the torque on those things is awesome. Of course Jeremy Clarkson wouldn't approve, but he hates most American cars anyway.

the only mistake jeep ever made was using a chevy 2.8

gas engine and not its 258 straight 6 the 2.8 CRD is

a very strong and excellent engine. you have made a wise choice. for safety and for your new baby you did the

right thing. enjoy your jeep and wait a coulpe of years

before you take your child offroading. if you would like

more info please go to www.bulltear.com, click on

forum and ask away.

enjoy your jeep and congrats on the baby

Source(s): jeep, bulltear industries personal experience with the 1983 AMC/JEEP EAGLE4x4 and 1990 JEEPcherokee

I up graded to an SUV when our first child came for one main reason. Safety...five years later a drunk crossed the line and hit my wife and two small kids head on. He went to the hospital and then prison and my family walked away, shaken but not a scratch.

Enough said!

Oh, yes, anyone who says that a new baby is only an additional car seat..has NEVER had a new bably and tried to travel!!!

just a reminder that the "Cherokee" in the UK is the "Liberty" I have been happy with ours, I have yet to see or drive one with the 2.8. Some might confuse this with the gm v-6 that was kind of a nightmare.

Any Jeep is a good Jeep