Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastEgypt · 1 decade ago

Strange, funny, but true?

1-The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

2.The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.

3.Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

4.If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.

5.If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

6.Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

7.American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

8.The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

9.The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the english language.

10.If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

11.Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump".

12.Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. State capital without a McDonald's.

13.Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

14.No word in the English language rhymes with month.

15.Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

16.Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our noses and ears never stop growing.

17.It takes about a 1/2 gallon of water to cook macaroni, and about a gallon to clean the pot.

18.Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

People, I can't guarantee that this info is actually true! I just copied and pasted it because I thought it was funny!

i find these statements strange and funny. however not all of them are true.

to give you some examples :

1 cannot be true for we would all be sick now.we are mostly addicted to this madly sweet substance called choc.

10 cannot be proved because it depends on the producer of the gas, is he an eater of onions and garlic, brocolli, or mostlt salad and fruit like hollywood stars ?

11 the word 'assasination ' wasnt invented by shakespeare. it is derived from the arabic word , hhashasheen . they were a group of men used by one of mulouk al tawa'ef who gave them hhasheesh and ordered them to kill his enemies while they werent conscious of their deeds. the word entered the english dictionary and was changed into ' hhashasheen .' this shows us the effects of drugs on thse who take them and also shows how some english words are derived from arabic, esp hhashasheen .

10

Very interesting Farah though the chocolate point well, I will consider that I didn't read it.

By the way I agree with Kasandra about the girl in your Avatar & plz if you know her give her a million kiss from me.

I like No.10 .

Yes, It's the one aboout farts , he he he , lol

I think I'll start trying it , Cuz I wanna help Egypt with an atomic bomb made out of my very own fart , May be I'll get a Nobel prize :D

And as for number 3 , I'm left handed

Source(s): Now let's start...1,2,3..........BOOM !!!
  • Hope

Wow Farah,

That's so funny lol, i especially liked no. 6, the part about banging yr head against a wall (whomever tried that must have had a concussion afterwards).

they are cool and true

lol@ fatma and kassandra

moonrise : assassination is from the word hashasheen yes but they weren't taking any drugs , they weren't from molok el tawa2ef , it's a bad twist of the word assasyeen meen those who behold the asas [ the base ] which is the quran and suna , and their leader was hasan el sabah who lived in alamot castle

I liked the part about farting and the atomic bomb, LOL.

I wonder, how many bombs a human can create in real life, LOL.

Sorry if the words smell bad.

They sure are strange, funny and interesting. I love chocolates, please tell me you just made this one up, I don't care about the rest if they are true, just the first one.

Farah, I really like this girl's cute face on your avatar, do you know her personally? Her cheeks are so pinchable, lol. Makes me feel like pinching them while singing the cuppy cake song.

Source(s): Fatma: Your cheeks must be pinched by someone too while singing the cuppy cake so now you're traumatized? I know...it sucks to be cute sometimes. Lol!

I don't know from where you get these information!? but i m sure many of them are absolutely false..

Edit:

hasafer..hashasheen of Hassan ELSabah were taking Hasheesh, where do you think they earn their name? in a contest?!

i reeeeeeally hope number 1 is not true! and number 2 is sooo funny :D and i bet everybody tried out number 3 hehe (yes! i did!)