Domestic Violence?

Does anyone know of any online chat rooms where I can find women to talk to about where to turn when your marriage isn't working because of domestic voilence? I feel so isolated and am trying to keep it all together for the sake of my two beautiful children. I'm only new to Yahoo answers and can't believe the amount of women who seem to be going through it....just need some support and guidance. Please help.

Thank you to everyone for your help here. My husband has left the home (taken enough things for a couple of nights away) so I know he'll be back. I'm just hoping he would have had time to calm down so we can talk rationally about an inevitable separation. I've told him we have to sell the house but of course he's using every excuse to hold off doing it. I'm sure he thinks everything will just blow over but I've left that happen one to many times. So hard to be strong when you are made to feel so weak...but I'm working on it.

umm, there shouldn't be domestic violence and if there is, CALL THE FREAKING POLICE!

and to cope with this, you need a counselor, not a chat room!

Honey listen if your going through domestic violence, the kids should be the reason the main and most important reason to get up and leave, you just don't know the emotional damage that children that witness domestic violence go trough these kids grow to be insecure and often abusive towards their own children no one I MEAN NO ONE should submit them self to a life of misery pain and mental torment for the sake of your children if you stay believe me your kids will resent you at the end. They feel like you feel right now.. Scared confused and angry you should all go to counseling, and get out please honey and like you said DO IT FOR YOUR CHILDREN... THERE ARE MANY WEBSITE AND NUMBERS LIKE 1-800 ABUSE that are designed to help people in situations like this don't be embarrassed to call they will help you.. but first you have to help your self by making some contact.. don't wait anymore ABUSE IS NEVER OK.. I will pray for you.. good luck.

Hi there

Been there I felt so isolated but was able to find help and support without going online and now live in a beautiful place with my 5 children free from fear and violence. Look in your local phone directory or go to the local child and family support services they WILL help you.

Don't be afraid to do this I wasn't do it for your children they need stability and a enviroment where they feel safe.

Good luck.

mandyr

• No one

My wife is the assistant director of our local domestic violence shelter. Typically you can call the shelter and speak to a counselor and you don't have to give your name or anything. If I were you I wouldn't go to any chat room on yahoo, aol, etc. because no one has any qualifications on the other end. Look on domestic violence websites for online contact with certified counselors who can help. Good luck.

Darling, the first thing you should do is find safe haven for you and your children. That type of environment is not safe. Second call someone, a church or friend or Doves- it is a domestic violence agency for women. Tell someone who can and will help you. Then be strong and let them help you. You must get away from this at all costs.

You and your two beautiful children are in danger. Are you going to wait until the occasional slap or punch becomes much worse, possibly deadly? Forget online rooms. Get you and your children into a shelter immediately. Call your local health department for references. Don't wait until it's too late. He's not going to change.

I would search yahoo groups first. there are many available groups through there that are extremely active and supportive. My favorite is Abused Apply Here (website is www.uaadv.org). I would be very careful about online activities though. Unless you completely clear our history, cache, and cookies, he might discover your activity.

Source(s): www.uaadv.org

If you are in the UK follwo the guidance here:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/family_parent/...

BTW although you feel that 'talking/chating' is a way of dealing with domestic violence, it is not. You need to act - please do as the guidance says and put an end to your troubles instead of trying to fit in with them/living with them.

aftersilence.org/forums

The main focus of this board is rape/csa surviors but it deals with all sorts of abuse and there is a board for DV. THe women and men on that board are wonderful.

hiya u poor thing i really hope i can help,

try www.DailyStrength.org ---its anonymous and free. x

hope i could help, try and get urself and children out of that environment x