Heating a dog house for the winter?

I would like some suggestions for heating a dog house this winter. I've already thought of putting a heating pad inside of her dog bed right under the top layer and hanging some of that thick plastic mat in front of the entrance to the dog house, but am wondering how warm that will make it. Any other ideas will... show more I would like some suggestions for heating a dog house this winter. I've already thought of putting a heating pad inside of her dog bed right under the top layer and hanging some of that thick plastic mat in front of the entrance to the dog house, but am wondering how warm that will make it. Any other ideas will be welcome on how to heat it. If your idea is to take the dog inside then buzz off, your opinion is not valid or wanted. Taking her inside is not an option. Besides, I've been reading some of these other posts where an owner is crucified for leaving their dog outside. Well, I have an 8yr old lab that goes swimming in the lake everyday in the winter and you can't drag her inside. I'm not worried about her, but my Jack Russell gets cold easily. She'll be just fine though if she has a warm dog house that she can get into whenever she wants. Her house is to big for her body to heat. Have a smaller one, but lab won't fit and Jack likes to switch houses. Thanks.
Update: I'd like to thank everyone who gave me suggestions. The dog house is on my front porch in a corner with a wall on the right and another wall 15ft ahead of it and it's a covered porch. I'm worried that if I put a light in her house she'll get burned. She's not that smart. I have an old comforter... show more I'd like to thank everyone who gave me suggestions. The dog house is on my front porch in a corner with a wall on the right and another wall 15ft ahead of it and it's a covered porch. I'm worried that if I put a light in her house she'll get burned. She's not that smart. I have an old comforter that I put in her house and she wraps up in it. Straw is two messy, but thanks for the suggestion and I'm going to put up a door cover as soon as I find some good material. As for the two people who said to bring her inside and that dogs are social animals, 1.) reading more carfully and you'll see my response and 2.) I know dogs are social animals. I have two and I play with them everyday. The Jack Russel is the one who gets cold, the lab is fine.