CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY...How much does one pay for child maintenance these days???

Update: My son in law has been paying child maintenance to his Ex wife to support their son a sum of £40 a week, for quite a few years now. There has been some financial problems hit him recently and one thing another, now the CSA are envolved. Is this something that he should be worried about??? Considering he has... show more My son in law has been paying child maintenance to his Ex wife to support their son a sum of £40 a week, for quite a few years now. There has been some financial problems hit him recently and one thing another, now the CSA are envolved. Is this something that he should be worried about??? Considering he has normally paid up with no problems, and has his new family, with two children to support on top of everything else. (She was the guilty partner in the marriage break up by the way...and has re married also).
Update 2: I guess I am asking - how is it worked out, to support one child. Is it down to the individuals wages, or ....?