Weak Automotive Battery... need some specification type info?

Does anyone have any DATA regarding what constitutes a weak automotive battery? This would involve a standard 12 volt automotive battery. I'm specifically looking for what voltages you would read and/or what amperage you would read when you test the battery. The reason I ask this is that I went in for a... show more Does anyone have any DATA regarding what constitutes a weak automotive battery? This would involve a standard 12 volt automotive battery.

I'm specifically looking for what voltages you would read and/or what amperage you would read when you test the battery.

The reason I ask this is that I went in for a State Inspection the other day and the "commercial" facility tested my battery and told me it was weak and should be replaced. I suspect they were trying to sell me a battery, but I would like to know the true data so I can do the voltage/amperage tests on the battery myself.

Thanks for any help you can give.