Why do Christians now insist that the Bible teaches that the Earth is round, when for 1,000+ years...?

... they taught the opposite? They used Bible verses to "prove" that the Earth was flat for many, many centuries before they did a complete reversal in a johnny-come-lately fashion and decided to agree with science that the Earth is, in fact, round! And don't give me that verse from the Old Testament... show more ... they taught the opposite? They used Bible verses to "prove" that the Earth was flat for many, many centuries before they did a complete reversal in a johnny-come-lately fashion and decided to agree with science that the Earth is, in fact, round! And don't give me that verse from the Old Testament that mentions "the circle of the Earth": a circle is FLAT, like a quarter, not ROUND like a ball, so that verse does not help the believers' case one bit...