what is the everage time for infusion of platelets and infusion of FFP (Fress Frozen platelet)?

Ok first off, FFP is FRESH Frozen PLASMA (1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess :)).

It takes about an hour per unit of FFP, PRBCs, and platelets. It can be infused quicker if the situation warrants it.

Source(s): Intern

It depends on the situation.

Platelet units are very small (maybe 50 cc), and are often pooled (as in "Give me a six-pack of platelets"). One unit dripped in might last 15 minutes. A six pack will take longer.

FFP (Fresh Frozen PLASMA, not platelets) is a larger unit, maybe 250-300cc. It can be dripped in over hours, or infused quickly.

In the OR, we tend to give them fast. We have machines that can push a liter of fluid into a patient in just a few minutes. We usually run platelets and FFP in over 5-15 minutes, depending on the situation. Trauma patients may get their blood products infused in under a minute.

Source(s): I'm an anesthesiologist. http://www.medicalminutepodcast.com

On a gravity drip it takes about 30 mins to infuse one unit of platelets into me. It has in the past thought to be counter productive to infuse platelets on a pump bc it was thought to damage them. They are sensitive creatures. However, this is now being proven false, and more often platelets are being infused by pump. On a pump they can be set to infuse at any time level probably up to a couple hours. It cant be too long or the platelets will clot.

I have never received fresh frozen plasma, so cant speak for that.

Source(s): Many platelet transfustions through cancer treatment for aml

Improve Your Running Technique Now!