How can I get a mortgage if I am self employed?

I have been self employed for 18 months, in my first year I made 9k and my second is heading for about 23k, and if I continue on my current rate of contracts th end of my third year (april 09) may see me make upwards of £40k. I don't have an accountant but have tax forms to prove this income. I have about... show more I have been self employed for 18 months, in my first year I made 9k and my second is heading for about 23k, and if I continue on my current rate of contracts th end of my third year (april 09) may see me make upwards of £40k. I don't have an accountant but have tax forms to prove this income. I have about £25k on credit cards but am paying that off slowly hoping to increase payments as my income rises. I currently pay £50 a week in rent in a housing association flat which helps my debts but I dont want to stay here until I can prove my £40k income in April 09. Is there any way I can get a mortgage before this date, despite having debts and my income being on a daily rate that I can't prove is guaranteed?

B.
Update: Hi I'm in the Uk
Update 2: Hi De deuce - well I guess people lend money to people because of the high interest rates - I am not expecting them to do it out of the good of their heart. Where is the money coming from? well I make £350/day, currently there is work for at least the next year, currently working at least full time with very... show more Hi De deuce - well I guess people lend money to people because of the high interest rates - I am not expecting them to do it out of the good of their heart. Where is the money coming from? well I make £350/day, currently there is work for at least the next year, currently working at least full time with very positive feedback, I figure that's about £80k but I was being conservative in my estimate of £40k just in case my work halves. That's where it's coming from..
Update 3: I have credit card debts as I have been living on them whilst I build up my business ove the past 18 months - it was a risk I had to take, or continue working for someone else the rest of my life. It seems to have been worth it, my work is building I hopefully won't have to work for anyone but myself ever... show more I have credit card debts as I have been living on them whilst I build up my business ove the past 18 months - it was a risk I had to take, or continue working for someone else the rest of my life. It seems to have been worth it, my work is building I hopefully won't have to work for anyone but myself ever again, and I am paying the credit cards off at about £2-£3k per month. I had no choice, I didn't have wealthy parents to back me or anything, I think it was worth the interest I have accrued. My last job paid £35k, I expect to make at least £40k per year probably a lot more in the future, that more than pays the interest on the cards and gets me out of a job I hated to one I get satisfaction from. Maybe I have to just stick it out in the cheap flat until next summer when my debts are gone..