Financial aid, loans, grants, etc. for college?

Will someone please tell me the difference between FAFSA, loans, private loans, grants, scholarships, financial aid packages, gift aid, merit-based aid, school loans/scholarships, federal loans, federal grants, etc and etc? There are too many different terms for everything; I am not sure which ones mean the same... show more Will someone please tell me the difference between FAFSA, loans, private loans, grants, scholarships, financial aid packages, gift aid, merit-based aid, school loans/scholarships, federal loans, federal grants, etc and etc?

There are too many different terms for everything; I am not sure which ones mean the same thing and which ones don't. What I don't understand the most is the difference between a scholarship and grant.
And does the word, "financial aid" mean, anything that will help you pay for college, including loans from like... banks?

Also, it'd be appreciated if you could provide sites/sources for financial aid, etc. Thank you.