Bill asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 decade ago

Do you recycle aluminum cans?

It takes 95% less energy to make a new aluminum from recycled aluminum cans than to make a new aluminum can from raw materials.

yes

• Lois

Aluminum is not biodegradable. Also making aluminum from ore requires a lot of energy. Recycling cans is easy and saves a whole lot of energy reducing green house gases. Recycling aluminum also reduces the mining required to dig up aluminum ore thereby saving the land and stopping pollution from mine run-off.

Heck yeah. Even an old school, smoke-belching industrialist would recycle *metal*.

That's always been true. Why did people suddenly stop recycling metals? Have you PRICED metals lately? Aluminum is over a buck a pound, copper is $3 a pound, steel is over $200 a ton.

Yes I do...

and plastics and news paper..

God has made us stewards of this planet

He has given us the land. Genisis 1:28 ....and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and have dominion over ......everyliving thing.. over 88 times in the Bible God has said, .."give you land"

The parable of the good steward can be found in Matthew 25:14 3 servants servants were each given 5 talents(a coin with value) after a long time the lord came back .... The servant that had brought back 10 talents.. the lord said .. Well done,good and faithful servant.....

Yea .. thats what I am talking about...

Sign me Up. !

Source(s): Holy Bible- King James, NIv, ASV, Message Bible

Yes, I recycle aluminum cans, papers, cardboard and bottles.

Sure. We have curbside recycling pickup, and aluminum is just one of the many things they accept. We don't get any money for them, just convenience.

yes. We sell all the aluminum we find (amazing how much of this resource is tossed away).

I used to and when I get my own place again I most likely will. It is a neat way to cash in on something people take for granted.

Of course, at a dollar sixty a pound scrap value you'd be a fool not to. It's sort of like throwing money in the garbage.

Absolutely! Last trip I got $80.

yes certainly and batteries,

we must be very carefull for the envirroment if we want some clean earth,air and water,,,,, to live,

keep the good work my friend

and all of you,for us and the next generation...