Do high school sweethearts last?

my bf and i have been together almost 4 years now we were 16 and 17 when we meet in school threw friends...we are now almost 20 and 21...we live together now and have plans on getting married in a few years then starting a family my brother is now 16 and his gf is also 16 been together about 8 months they are... show more my bf and i have been together almost 4 years now we were 16 and 17 when we meet in school threw friends...we are now almost 20 and 21...we live together now and have plans on getting married in a few years then starting a family
my brother is now 16 and his gf is also 16 been together about 8 months they are both looking at the same colleges now ...my mom said she hopes they break up because she doesn't believe high school sweethearts last...she said my bf and i won't make it to 5 years or won't make it threw our first year of being married

what do you think?
are you and your signinficant other high school sweetheart?
Update: there is no wedding plans yet...we have talked about it but nothing major i want to wait til im 21+ so that gives us a year and a month to make any major plans
as far as i know the promise rings i the only one i will get for a long time