Why is the concept of religion and God so hard to understand?

This may sound so unrelated and so unexpected for me to bring up. But for all of you, when you dream, do you not ever dream the most outragous things which you would never believe in in real life, yet in your dream it appears fairly logical. Is this maybe the fact that you're not bound to earth-like things e.g... show more This may sound so unrelated and so unexpected for me to bring up. But for all of you, when you dream, do you not ever dream the most outragous things which you would never believe in in real life, yet in your dream it appears fairly logical. Is this maybe the fact that you're not bound to earth-like things e.g time, gravity etc because of the fact that your body is at a state of rest.

So let me relate this to the afterlife. We can only undertand things in relation to the world we have been raised in. we grew up and live in a world with certain entities eg time, and when we hear of the afterlife, much of these boundaries do not exist, so to relate what we know and understand to something which we have never experienced is just illogical.

Anyone welcome to argue or agree, just don't be racist about it.
Update: I'm not saying that dreams are exactly like one's belief in God and religion, but I'm using it as a sort of metaphor or the afterlife. Like Death is like a sort of neverending dream, but not that it actually is. The point is, dreams are weird! But we can see them, but if some people didn't... show more I'm not saying that dreams are exactly like one's belief in God and religion, but I'm using it as a sort of metaphor or the afterlife. Like Death is like a sort of neverending dream, but not that it actually is.

The point is, dreams are weird! But we can see them, but if some people didn't experience dreams, it doesn't mean they don't exist. And at the same time, they would experience things through what they know, and may find it unbelievable that one can experience such strange dreams which are nothing like real life.

But again, just because they haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Update 2: I know religion and God aren't the same thing, and I didn't say they were. I'm just asking a question about why both are so hard to believe in.