Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bobbie
Lv 6
Bobbie asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

How do I clean a vinyl shower curtain without a washing machine?

Any tips on a good way to clean a vinyl shower curtain without using a washing machine? Can I soak it in the tub with something? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Update:

Would soaking it with baking soda, vinegar, detergent, some combo...etc, help?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

If this is just a cheapo shower curtain liner, just toss it and buy a new one. They only cost like $2. If this is a "fancy" one with a pattern or something, fill the tub with water and maybe a 1/4 bottle of bleach and let it soak for an hour. Then drain and rinse. Then buy a cheap, clear liner that can be throw away to keep the good curtain clean.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Clean Shower Curtain

• MISTY
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Bam and elbow grease. Would be much easier to get a new one. Try soaking it in vinegar and oxy clean first in the tub with a little hot water.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I take mine down, lay it flat on the floor and use some "elbow grease", which is an English term for a bit of physical work. If you use washing up liquid or soap powder, with water of course, you will find it cleans easily. Rinse it after, job done in 5 minutes or so.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

I wash mine in the washing machine by itself hot water and regular laundry detergent. After the first wash cycle, I stop the machine before it can drain and spin and take it out. I then transfer it back to the bathroom in a laundry basket still wet and hang it back up to dry on the curtain rod. It comes out just like new.

• 1 decade ago

Soak it in the tub with some bleach and detergent..

• 1 decade ago

The easiest way that I have found is to spread it out on the deck floor, wet it, put a drop or two of liquid cleanser on it, and sponge mop it. Then I drape it across the deck rail in the sun for a few minutes. It dries nice, neat, and wrinkle free.

• 1 decade ago

Soak it in the tub. If it's just dirty, use something like Dawn, but if it's moldy, add some bleach.

• 1 decade ago

spray it with a product like lime away, then rinse really well

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.