Mormons only please. Please help me understand ....?

Mormons say they believe in the Holy Spirit, Jesus and God. They say that God has a father, who has a father etc etc back thru eternity, but that we don't have to worry about who they are. Why not? Mormons claim to be so big on family, why aren't the parents of God even acknowledged??
Update: When I ask Catholics or whatever a question, I get an answer. I'd really like to know the answer from someone who goes to this church.
Update 2: Motomou! That is exactly what I'm asking, thank God finally someone understands. I know LDS are big on family - that is the draw. Everyone wants to raise their kids right. I totally do not understand where we came from - and yes, I did think it was kind of like a snap of God's fingers, or however he made... show more Motomou! That is exactly what I'm asking, thank God finally someone understands. I know LDS are big on family - that is the draw. Everyone wants to raise their kids right. I totally do not understand where we came from - and yes, I did think it was kind of like a snap of God's fingers, or however he made Adam and Eve. Why do some Mormons say they don't know about God, and others do, others say we don't even need to know?? As soon as it sounds right, someone else comes along and it doesn't sound right. If truth is truth, why can't I be told what it is????
Update 3: I know back a few generations of my family, Wahnote. I know, for example, my great-grandfather was a dancer in sweden. There are a lot more stories, but that's not helping me. I don't think your church has the family values it claims, of all the familys to say don't matter you say God's doesn't?... show more I know back a few generations of my family, Wahnote. I know, for example, my great-grandfather was a dancer in sweden. There are a lot more stories, but that's not helping me. I don't think your church has the family values it claims, of all the familys to say don't matter you say God's doesn't? Or am I dense and not understanding you? Either family is important, or it's not. And exactly how were we created if God didn't snap his fingers, or just say the word? How exactly was God created for that matter?
Update 4: I withdraw my question. All the bad things I've been hearing about you are obviously true, you can't get a straight answer. No more listening to missionaries for me and my family - I know my family, going back generations by the way. They are important to me - for REAL.
Update 5: Ok, thank you. Can someone also explain, please why some people I know are flipping out over Mormon beliefs. They say they follow the bible, but others say that there is only one God, that He wasn't created, was never a man, has always existed and always will. (but Jesus did become man). From everything I can... show more Ok, thank you. Can someone also explain, please why some people I know are flipping out over Mormon beliefs. They say they follow the bible, but others say that there is only one God, that He wasn't created, was never a man, has always existed and always will. (but Jesus did become man). From everything I can find that's what the bible says. There's more confusion my aunt says you claim Adam was God, or God was Adam or something and Jesus had children so his descendants could be on Earth today?