Ali asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Anyone take seroquil?

If you do write what it does to you or how it makes you feel and how many mg your on and if you don't but have heard about it please post . thank you

I'm on 200mg ==> was on 800 once and it made me sleep round the clock.

200 isn't as sedating if you exercise, drink a lot of water and get enough sleep.

It reduces anxiety, prevents psychotic thinking, prevents mania, is supposed to help with depression

It isn't good to go on too high a dose unless you have to.

Good luck :)

Seroquel is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.

Seroquel is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic depression).

also used for people with high anxiety

Oh gods, sadly yes. I'm on it for bipolar disorder and I am taking it at a low dose (150 mg at night along with lithium and lamictal). Even at that dose, it makes me groggy all day and I can't concentrate. It also makes me eat everything in sight. I'm doing my best to cope with it because, at least, it seems to help regulate my sleep cycles.

i'm supposed to take 600mg but i only take 400mg. i'm on another sleep med too which if i take the 600, i feel awful in the morning & so drugged up. it isn't such a bad sleep pill, its also for during the day. tho i have no clue how that works. look up on google for more info if thats what your looking for. or call your doctor. i've been on it for awhile now. it isn't so bad, i just dont like taking too much of it.