millsy1 asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

How do I use my comcast remote on my Sony Trinitron TV without a cable box just the cable plugged into the tv?

I have an old sony trinitron tv and a comcast tv how do i get it to work for the tv if i do not have a cable box i have the cable plugged directly into the tv so i need it to change the channels on the tv and the volume and tv/video ect.

also my tv does not have a menu button how do i change the settings specifically the brightness since it is very dark

• TV guy
    Favorite Answer

You need to use your SONY TV remote. You can use the Comcast remote only if it is programmable and you can enter the code for a SONY TV.

So you don't have the box, if its a universal remote you will need the code for a sony TV. Which you should be able to find in the remotes manual.

I doubt it will be a universal remote though. I suggest the logitech Harmony remote, it works really well.