Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentConservation · 1 decade ago

Around how much money would I make if I recycled 100 aluminum cans?

Favorite Answer

I would say $5. at .05 a can

£1

Well, technically, in Michigan you wouldn't make any money, because they charge an extra ten cents per bottle or can when you first buy it. That's the incentive for bringing the cans back, otherwise, they just made an extra ten cents. But if the cans weren't yours (like you were in a street clean up project and found 100 cans) you could take them to any grocery store and get 10 cents per bottle, or a dollar for 100 cans. Different states have different prices, and some have none at all.

Different States will have a different recycling system. in Ohio it take 21-23 cans to make one pound. Prices on Aluminum Varies week by week , the last time I turn in cans market was going at $.64 a pound, so if you had 100 cans divide by 23 per lb. it would be 4.35 pounds. and at $.64 a lb. you would have $2.78 .

Source(s): Ohio Recycling, Chickesaw, OH

According to Hummelstein's Iron & Metal in Jonesboro, cans sell for $.65 a pound. It takes about 32 can to make a pound there and so you would make about $1.95 for 100 cans.

I believe there are about 20 cans in a pound and clean crushed cans are about 50 cents a pound, so about 2.50 for 100 cans

The government will tell you 1 pence per can but the scrap men give you about .5 of a pence so 50p this would not be to hard to get because of all the cans laying around our towns.

in michigan you get 10cents a can, so thats $10 for 100 cans.

Depends on your area. Here, we get 5 cents per can, so figure .5x100 and you get around $5.

i would say about $50