Acid reflux baby and starting solids?

Please only respond if you have a diagnosed acid reflux baby.

I just started my 6 month old on solids. I gave him sweet potatoes. He spit up/vomited about 3 hours later. I think sweet potatoes are not an allergic food normally. He always spits up his milk but is it normal that he spit up the sweet potatoes?

yes, my baby would occasionally spit up solids. it is not because of allergy it is because of the reflux. (unless of course there is vomiting and not just spit up)

once the baby starts eating thicker solids it will be a little better. are you giving him jar sweet potatoes? it is very thin and runny. try giving some mashed up cooked sweet potatoes. my son loved this!

he is now 10 months, off medicine and rarely spitting up. he doesn't even spit up everyday.

it gets better as time goes on... but to answer your questions yes he will spit up the solids just like the milk.

1

Source(s): Holistic Acid Reflux Secrets - http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?Gon

My sister has a 6 month old boy that was diagnosed with acid reflux. He started with green beans and is spitting that up a lot! Her doctor told her that is normal because of the reflux. So, for the reflux baby, watch more for the upset stomach or crankiness...because you are still going to have the spit up...Bless your heart! I know what you are going through! My sister is doing it too!

if he ate too much my daughter hadacid reflex from two to four months and now at five months is doing good with baby food we stopped giving her the zantac a month ago, a little spit up is ok just not throwing up he could be allergic or not ready for it