I failed my drug test for the army at meps(THC). Its been 45 days and am still HOT. Can I still enlist?

I had been wanting to enlist in the army my whole life. However I have come across a few "road blocks" along the way. I had been a HEAVY marijuana smoker since I was 16(on and Off). I am now 24, and finally was ready to enlist back in november. I went to a recruiter, took the asvab(passed) and been to... show more I had been wanting to enlist in the army my whole life. However I have come across a few "road blocks" along the way. I had been a HEAVY marijuana smoker since I was 16(on and Off). I am now 24, and finally was ready to enlist back in november. I went to a recruiter, took the asvab(passed) and been to MEPs for my physical. Everything went well, except I had gotten a letter in the mail stating that I had come up "HOT" for marijuana. I havn't smoked since October, and still to this day have THC in my system. It's been 45 days(amount of time I was disqualified from the army) and my recruiter wants me to retest, however I know I'm still dirty. I'm wondering what I can do
in my situation. I still want to go infantry, but they said If im "hot" again, I gotta wait 1 year to enlist.. I don't wanna wait any longer than I have to, Can I get a waiver for marijuana use if I'm still "hot" at time of enlistment?
Serious Responses only please!
Thanks, I appreciate it!
11 answers