I failed my drug test for the army at meps(THC). Its been 45 days and am still HOT. Can I still enlist?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I had been wanting to enlist in the army my whole life. However I have come across a few "road blocks" along the way. I had been a HEAVY marijuana smoker since I was 16(on ...show more
Best Answer
nope. In fact you could get DQd permanently
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • FELIKS D. answered 6 years ago
    Truly one of Americas finest young men here.
    • 6
    • Comment
  • lemontreegr answered 6 years ago
    No i am 100% sure you cant go in with a hot drug test i had to get a waiver for marijuana use to because i had a minor drug charge and i had to fess up to smoking at or around 3 times i was a heavy smoker but when it was time to enlist i was clean for like 2 months just go day by day and before you know it you will be on the bus to MEPS.

Source(s):

Army last 1 and half years
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Female Airman answered 6 years ago
    oh god...are you serious? if you want to enlist, quit using the drugs!
    • 2
    • Comment
  • angelosdad answered 6 years ago
    Dude, your 24 and still smoking that much weed? But the bong down and grow up. Get clean, and then come in the Army. In my 12 years I have personally been involved in kicking out several weed smokers. There's no place for that stuff here, in my opinion. Do the right thing.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Zac S answered 6 years ago
    No, they will not waiver you for pissing hot. If you're that concerned, then find a civilian lab and have a test done there. Once your level drops to below the acceptable level, go back in.

How do you know you'll piss hot? Still smoking is about the only way since even chronic smokers only have detectable levels for about 6 weeks.

If I still remember my UPL training, any level over 50 nanograms/ml of THC in your system is considered a failed test. So as long as you test under that level that is considered a passed test.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Eflow answered 6 years ago
    I can gurantee that you cannot enlist while hot... THC should only be in your system for around 30 days unless you've used again recently.

If you are wanting to serve your country so badly and do something so honorable then why are you doing what the rest of the scum / unsupporters do, give up the dope and do something useful. Put down "whatever you're smoking out of" and go run, work out and get your mind off all that garbage and clean yourself up. If you don't clean up and manage to get in somehow then the Military life is going to eat you alive, if you test "HOT" in the Military then it's going to be rough going for you my friend...

I hope all works out well for you and I'm sure i'll see you around the service.

Good Luck...

Source(s):

My Life the last 7 years as a Military Police Soldier
    • 2
    • Comment
  • DaveNCUSA answered 6 years ago
    I looked at several web sites that discussed this. Most indicated 45 days or so, you would no longer test positive. One said up to 90 days. If you are dieting, it can extend the time because THC is stored in fat cells and dieting can release it. I admire you for wanting to join. I did the same thing in 1968 and served in Vietnam. Good luck.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • amibeethoven answered 6 years ago
    Possible. You can get waiver for that.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • hb12 answered 6 years ago
    Better listen to this first, if you have the stomach for it. It is intense. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock