How do I rip a homemade CD (with various albums, songs, and artists) into my Zune library?

Hi. :) I just got a pink zune, (30 gb), and my best friend burned the warped tour 07' CD's for me. I want to rip the songs into my zune library, but I can't figure out how to put the different artists in my library, instead of just "Unknown Artist" at the top.

I know how to edit the name of the SONG, but can you put it with a certain artist so when you go through your zune you see the song under the artists name, not 'unknown artist'?

Hahah sorry if this question makes no sense,

I couldn't find a better way to ask it.

Thank You!

Your question makes perfect sense and is a common problem when you are importing music from a burned cd.

Do this. It works 99% of the time.

1. Go to My Documents>My Music>Zune

2. Create a folder for each of the artists. If there are five different artists then you will create five different folders.

3. Go to the Unknown folder and drag the music to the folder(s) you just created. You can also copy and paste just make sure that you delete the file from the Unknown folder once it is in the new folder.

4. In your Zune program you should now be able to edit artist and album information.

Source(s): Me. I have done it before.